Trying to install windows XP, Error: Stuck on "Setup is inspecting.."

Hello,
I have been having problems when i tried reverting from windows 7 back to Windows XP Home Edition. At first i was able to get to windows setup (Blue screen) when i had the disc and partitioned to install the XP Disc. The computer restarted and i get to "press any key to continue (with the disc)" and i do so and it says "set up is inspecting your computers hardware" and then screen turns black and nothing appears... When i take the disc out it says "Error Loading Operating System"... I can't really do much of anything now .. Only screen i can get to is f1 to the "bios setup utility"...

I have an HP a450n.. Really need help i been wanting to use XP again because windows 7 annoyed me because it lagged my games. it has ran windows xp before and worked very good as well as for the games.
6 answers Last reply
More about trying install windows error stuck setup inspecting
  1. When you try to run 7 and XP as a dual boot system, you will have nothing but trouble.
    Load the XP disk, delete all partitions, create new partitions if you want, reformat the entire drive, then load only XP; or only 7, it's one or the other but not both.
  2. How do i delete all partitions, i can't access Windows setup because it gets stuck when it is inspecting my computers hardware...but thanks for a start.
  3. That is a good question, XP inspection gets stuck inspecting a 7 installation. do you have the 7 installation disk?
    Seems like everyone who has tried this has had a similar problem.
  4. noctisxiii said:
    Hello,
    I have been having problems when i tried reverting from windows 7 back to Windows XP Home Edition. At first i was able to get to windows setup (Blue screen) when i had the disc and partitioned to install the XP Disc. The computer restarted and i get to "press any key to continue (with the disc)" and i do so and it says "set up is inspecting your computers hardware" and then screen turns black and nothing appears... When i take the disc out it says "Error Loading Operating System"... I can't really do much of anything now .. Only screen i can get to is f1 to the "bios setup utility"...

I have an HP a450n.. Really need help i been wanting to use XP again because windows 7 annoyed me because it lagged my games. it has ran windows xp before and worked very good as well as for the games.

Win 7 should run every bit as fast in games as XP. Did you load the proper video card drivers for it? What are your system specs?
  5. Checked everything and found out my motherboard is dead after i reset cmos and got a new battery. Thanks for the help though!
  6. I was getting the setup is inspecting etc and after trying many things it was the keyboard. My keyboard in plugged into a KVM not into the computer and the cd could not find it. If you are using any usb hub or wireless keyboard I would try using as simple a setup as possible.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Windows XP