Need Help: Continuous Beep

asteiger

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2008
Specs:

ENERMAX Liberty ELT620AWT ATX12V 620W Power Supply
ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler
BIOSTAR TForce TF570SLI AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KHX6400D2LLK2/2GR
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Windsor 2.2GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor Model ADO4200CUBOX

The issue:

So, I hooked it all up and powered up the PSU. I saw LED 1 & 2 light. When I hit the power on the front of the case, a long, continuous beep started happening along with LED 1 & 2 not lit and LED DIMM blink once and LED 5SB light. I checked everything, powered up, and the same thing happened. After repeating this a few times, now when I powered up the PSU, LED 1 & 2 don't light, but when I power on the front the same sequence happens.

I thought the long beep was due to the RAM, but I am not sure.

Any help with what this might mean would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Do you have a single long continuous beep or a series of long (about three seconds) beeps?

You didn't mention what kind of video card you have. If you are getting a single long, very loud beep and you have an nVidia card, you may either have a problem with the aux PCI-e power connector or you didn't plug it in.

A series of long slow beeps usually indicates memory problems.

asteiger

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2008
Whoops, sorry:

Video card: BFG Tech 8800 GT OC

So, my video card is NVIDIA. I did plug in the AUX power but I will check it again.

asteiger

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2008

UPDATE: It was the video card, replaced plug and all is well.

Thank you very much for the quick advance and resolution.