GA-MA69GM-S2H

I have a problem.

I have built a HTPC with this MB, an AMD Dual Core Processor and 2GB of TWIN2X2048-5400C4 Corsair memory.

I have replaced the HDD as it was dead on arrival.

I have tested all components with Eurosoft PC Check and none of them have reported errors.

I have installed Windows Vista and it runs sort of OK but is a little jerky here and there. I have updated the BIOS and used the latest drivers.

After Vista Ultimate has been running for a bit, I reboot and Vista won't load. It goes to Vista didn't shutdown properly do you want to start in normal mode etc. Starts to load, black screen then a reboot.

I can recover it by putting the Vista disk backin and doing a repair but then it happens again. I have tried the drivers from the Gigabyte site and also the official AMD done.

Vista seems to take a while to do some operations and is a little jerky which also suggests there is an issue. I would have thought with this spec it would run OK. When I go into the Media Center some of the video files I use stutter a little bit.

It is a very strange problem and I am unable to return the parts as I am unable to determine where the problem is. I suspect it might be a duff mainboard? I am quite prepared to buy a new one but want to work out if I am going to have the same issue. I am looking at an MSI board as a replacement. I had a spare 2GB of Kingston DDR2 memory and had the same problem.

It has to be either the MB or CPU? The CPU tests fine with PCCheck.

I am very experienced at building PCs but this is the first time I am installing Vista so don't have anything to compare it to in terms of stability. Has anyone got any ideas for me?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about ma69gm
  1. Anybody have any suggestions?
  2. Did you fix your stability problems?

Are you running AHCI mode for your hard drive?

Also, have you run memtest for the memory?
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Windows Vista