Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

Hi,

Has anyone noticed how many cheaters are playing Tribes? I decided to
observe some players today, who I presumed were using some kind of
cheat, and I was watching people who could seemingly see through
walls, who could snipe from miles away, etc.

The people who use these cheats are, for the most part, too hard to
beat; and since so many are cheating, it makes the game dull.

I can't beat them, so I'll join them. Where can I find Happy Mod or
something similar?

"Simon" <some_spare_id@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone noticed how many cheaters are playing Tribes?

No...I'm too much of a pitiful, insubstantial (in terms of skill) player to
have such things brought to my attention.

Adrian Ng wrote:
><snip>
>
> No...I'm too much of a pitiful, insubstantial (in terms of skill) player to
> have such things brought to my attention.

lol me too! :)
i've only recently reinstalled t1 just to get some pratice in before the
servers fill with n00bs on may 4th.

adrian

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2001

"Mr K" <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On 16 Apr 2004 13:41:06 -0700, Simon wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anyone noticed how many cheaters are playing Tribes? I decided to
> > observe some players today, who I presumed were using some kind of
> > cheat, and I was watching people who could seemingly see through
> > walls, who could snipe from miles away, etc.
>
> That's why "Defence Turret" was made and released:
> http://www.triben.de/dt_en.html

Hi all.

Thanks for posting the "Defence Turret" link!

My name is Adrian (not Adrian ng) and I live in Australia (hence the Aussie
spelling). I have only been playing t2 for a few months and I have been
lurking on this ng for a while now. I have found much of interest here.

I have experienced such things (as the above) and wondered about what was
happening too. I am downloading "Defence Turret" now. I think that tempting
as cheating may be for some people, it does not do anything positive for any
game at all, and it's great to know there are people around that can come up
with such good patches.

Two questions though,
1. has anyone had any problems with using "Defence Turret"?
2. is there a way of getting around "UE" on some maps that always happen
only on those maps besides deleting them?

Thanks in advance.

~Adrian.

---