think there will be a Intel socket for the AMD760G

speedbump1963

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
With intel changing the socket(s), do you think therte will be an Intel chip in a AMD760G chipset board. Im not trying to sound stupid but I know that Intel has used several different chipsets on their mainboards. I am curious to know. It would be nice if AMD could catchup or out - perform the Intel Lineup but I think it is going to be awhile for that to happen. any advice is appriciated

Gravemind123

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Doubt it, there have only been 2 Intel boards based on AMD chipsets with Core2Duos in mind so far, the FP-I90 HD based on 690G and the DFI ICFX3200-T2R/G based on the RD600 chipset. Each of these are the only boards I've found on recent AMD chipsets for Intel and my guess is they will be the last.

speedbump1963

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
I kinda thought that Intel would do the same as they are doing with nvidia chipset, intel chipset, and hopefully Amd 760G. At least they would profit from the motherboard sale by having a Intel socket even if it was a nvidia or amd chipset. ( besides people prefer certain chipsets like nvidea over intel. this way they would have all their bases covered to prospective buyers taste and still hold the fastest cpu). just athought