mthomas99

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Hi,

I just built a PC not that long ago and everything works great; however, occasionally I will be working on my PC or playing a game and my monitor will flicker the same way as you blink your eyes. When the screen comes back (after a split second) everything is just like it was before the flicker. None of my programs appear to be affected by the flicker.

For example I will be playing America's Army and it will flicker and come back and my computer will still be running America's Army without a hitch.

I have not idea what the problem is. I have an antec 900 case that I think has a messed up power switch on it- I must hold down the power button for like 2 seconds for the damn thing to turn on. I am also using a 600watt antec True Power Trio power supply.

I am not sure what the problem is could anyone give me any advice? thanks so much

phxflyboy

Distinguished
May 5, 2008
I've been having flicker issues with Photoshop and came across a thread that said it is related to the newest Microsoft drivers for the mouse, particularly version 6.0 and above of iPoint.exe. I did a quick check about 5 mins ago by disabling iPoint.exe in Task Manager and the flickering went away instantly! I was told to remove 6.0 or above and go back to 5.0 and there should be no problem.

Hope this helps, it was driving me absolutely CRAZY!

phxflyboy