how do i overclock my system?

purple buzz

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
i just wanna say that i dont know anything about overclocking but i really want to do this to my pc because a lot of its components (cpu and 1 of my stick rams) were specifically purchased for overclocking. i just never got around to do it because i didn't know how. but from what i can understand it's all done from the BIOS menu when you press delete right when your PC starts.

i have an old system from 2003 and here is my spec:

Asus A7N8X
3 gigs of Corsair RAM, one of which is XML serious for overclocking
2100+ Athlon XP TBred CPU
2 HDs - Master is 200GB Segate (IDE) and 500GB WD (ATA) as slave
ASUS AH3650 AGP video card (just installed it yesterday)
Coolmax Model AP-550X(A/PFC) CP-500T PSU
2 LG DVDRW's (i turned one off today incase it takes too much voltage)
WinFast Dleadtek TV card
Red Thermaltake Lamp
5 Fans inside my PC
1 little fan on top of RAM
& 2 HD cooling cases that each has 2 small fans on it spinning and cooling the HD

im already looking at fans for overclocking my cpu and gonna order this one tonight.. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835150010

any suggestions and pointers on how i can start educating myself and eventually overclocking my PC?

G

well ocing is a fairly simple thing just a matter of finding what your computer can run at and how high before it shuts down what i suggest u do is find a guide on google or something for example (oc AMD Athlon 2100+) and im sure thers some guides but if not i will try to explain dont be mad if this isnt clear becsuae im fairly new to ocing aswell but go into bios menu at the softmod menu first tab press enter take u to your cpu settings say fsb 100 make it user define and move it up to 110 and test it from there

G

if it goes black screen clear your cmos and retry again i suggest following a post from a member with more experiacne then me