blucher_au

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2008
Hey guys,

Almost about to buy my upgrade and install it thanks to the help from a lot of you.

I just have a quick question - if I'm getting the E8200 or E8400 - will they work straight away in the GA-P35-DS3L/R or will I need to flash the bios with another cpu 1st?

Thanks,

Kris

balearic

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
I heard you don't have to update any bios as of a few late march reviews. I will find out once my GA-P35-DS3L gets here on monday.

night_wolf_in

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2007
yeah. i heard that as well. newer boards (newer to be manefactured, n sold although they are old product) u wont need to flash them. but again. flashing wont be a problem if you ask me.

west467

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
I did not flash my ver 2.0 board, built in early Feb.
I would say do not flash unless you need to.

E8400,DS3L,

Finally got my E8400 and DS3L up n running! But something is wrong!!!! I did not need to flash the bios at all! I thought it would have to be Qflashed.... I have the drivers to do so, but perhaps I should leave it as it is (if it ain't broke, don't fix it right?)
I got a rev 2 of the DS3L (basically just more USB's).

I have been unable to find my bios version yet, as I've been too busy to look into it (lol where can you find the bios version? in the bios, I looked everywhere in there? The post screen says it right? But it flashes by so fast I can't see it!). But yeah I didn't need to update the bios, as windows listed it correctly (and everything seems in good working order)

Amazingly I am able to play Crysis wonderfully on vista ultimate 32bit with my rig (like a dream!)! My PC also gives Oblivion a run for it's money (totally maxed and still smooth). I have no doubt the 8800GTS and E84 are working properly.
I'll try for a stable 4ghz OC using the stock HSF next week, and take my BFG 8800GTS (g92) up a bit as well.... Then perhaps I can get the shaders on very high in Crysis, and have everything topped off to very high (just no AA lol). Never thought this PC would have everything at very high and be playable, especially with this lousy OS.

Pretty happy with the E84 so far, and loving the ease of use and great features of the DS3L (great audio and sound controls wow!-throwing my Audigy gamer card in the trash). A very significant upgrade from my old AMD 64 3200XP chip (single core), Generic as hell PC-Chips mobo, 1gb DDR400, 6600GT *agp*, which had to play Oblivion and Crysis in lowest settings (and still have low FPS) =)
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=28&post=247783&page=2&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=3&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0