Status
Not open for further replies.
G

What drivers??? Do you actually expect an intelligent answer to a question that's so generic??? Why do newbies always think we are mind-readers on this forum?

photomanelvis

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
yes im a newbie and no i don't think you are a mind-reader. Ok after i installed the os(xp64) the 2 disk that comes with motherboard one for vista the other xp (intel chipset for windows xp) i can't install.

Ok, that's getting a bit better. Now if we only knew "what" motherboard you are trying to install X64 in.
Please understand, you are our eyes, ears, and fingers here. We only supply the brain.

Your questions are totally welcome. Some people here thrive on helping others and that's why they are here... partly to make the world a better place in a way they know how.

Grumpy, on the other hand, is a realist. He thinks people should actually think about, and prepare their questions in advance before coming here so they sound intelligent enough to be helped. He was really quite nice to you, so don't be offended. You should see how he responds to the one's that only say "Hello." :fou:
Hey, he's not called "grumpy" for nothing!

Some of use actually use X64, myself included. I've had good times and bad times with the system.
My advice right off the top is to dual-boot XP Pro or X64 as many programs and hardware won't work with X64.

The CD/DVD that came with the motherboard will have more than just the Chipset drivers. It also should have drivers for network devices as well as sound (if you have on-board sound).

So the final question now is... Make and model of the motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.