Tom's Hardware > Forum > Windows XP > General Discussion > IP Address will not r

Varvaroushka

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
Hello,

--I was trying to reply to the closed topic listed in message title, so consider this a continuation of that thread if you will---

While this was exactly what I was looking for, and easy to understand (thank you) I unfortunately was still not able to resovle the problem. One thing that struck me as odd though is that for the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) while it is set with Automatic Startup type and Sercice Status is Started; the options are grayed out and I am unable to modify them. I have stopped and restarted the other two, flushed, restarted computer, but these don't seem to help windows' connection repair to renew my IP address. Any thoughts, from anyone?

Really appreciate the help and information you guys have put out on these forums.

Andre

I don't think I could find that thread without a struggle so can you please clarify the "greyed out" bit of your post? Which othe rtwo Services do you want to start? What's your basic problem? [/#000ff]