ECS GEFORCE 6100SM-M w/ PCI-E GPU DVI problem

drstanleyd2san

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
I have an ECS GEFORCE 6100SM-M Socket AM2 board and I installed a Sapphire ATI Radeon X1050 PCI-express card to be able to use DVI. I get a really annoying problem where if I turn off my monitor manually while I'm in Windows and turn it back on again, I lose the video signal until I either wait until the display shutoff timer goes on and then resume it or put the computer on stand-by and resume.

I also noticed that this does not happen at all when I have generic Windows video drivers installed in place of the ATI drivers, however I get a really low resolution.

I have tried getting a better power supply thinking it was a power issue, but it did not help. I also have all the latest drivers and BIOS. People have suggested that it's a S3 resume to VGA problem, but I think the latest BIOS fixes it so I don't think that's it. Also I have onboard video disabled through the BIOS.

I think the PCI-express slot can only run at 8x instead of 16x... I don't know what that means but could that be the problem if my card is just "16x" and not "8x/16x" --if that even exists ?

Does anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it?

drstanleyd2san

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
Or at least can someone tell me if they have this board paired with a PCI-Express video card using a DVI output that does NOT have this problem and which one?

rockbyter

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
This may just be a power management issue. go into power options and disable standby mode, tell it not to turn off the monitor, and disable hibernation.

Other thought is its a monitor issue. The monitor may be cutting the signal or something along those lines. To ensure its not the monitor plug in a crt or different monitor to test for the same issue.