beurling

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
i've used both the antec 900 and the antec p182 and the p182 is hands down better.. I personally don't trust thermaltake anymore because they're cases aren't always up to spec and they have terrible customer service.

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
"On the darkest hour our lord and savior the Nine Hundred shall only be surpassed by it's kinsmen, the almighty Twelve hundred, wait for his arrival for he shall be greater and wiser than the present offerings. Until then, trust shall lay on the hands of our lord, for he is here to bring us the salvation that the faithful deserve"

Antec 27:11

Translation for non-antec believers, Go for the Nine Hundred until the Twelve hundred comes.

firebird

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2004
I'm using the Armor now and it's ok. I've know a few people who have the 900 and they love it. If you get an Armor, don't plan on moving it much. The thing is huge and weighs a ton.

altazi

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2007
I just built a system with the Antec 900 and I like it a lot. Some have reported difficulties in putting things together, but I didn't have any troubles whatsoever. Just have a plan, and take your time. If you rush, or don't know what you are doing, you will end up redoing things a few times.

Have a magnetic screwdriver handy for putting the screws through the drive mounts into the drives. That would be painful without a magnetic screwdriver.

The case is cool, both thermally and visually. I like the USB, IEEE1394, and headset audio jacks on the top - VERY convenient. I also like the little tray area - perfect place for setting you MP3 player when you are uploading to it.

The cables for the top-mounted connectors were long enough to reach the headers on my motherboard (MSI K9A2 Platinum 790FX). The audio cable was stretched almost to it's limit because the audio header was located in the lower left corner of the motherboard, as far away from the top panel connectors as it could be.

The only downside I saw was that there are no defined places to put any unused PSU cables. I ended up bundling them and putting them in the bottom (unused) drive slot.

Bottom line: If I had to build another system, I'd get the 900 again - unless that rumored 1200 is available :)

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
I own an Antec 900, and it is nice for the price. Where the Antec 900 fails is catering to the enthusiast crowd. I myself am looking to replace my 900, not because it's really ugly (it isn't), not because there is something that I can not fit in it (there isn't anything I want), not because the cooling is not great (it is), and not because it has failed to do something it claims that it can (it has not). The reasons I am looking for a new case may seem trivial, and they are, but they are my reasons regardless. First, the Antec 900 is said to be the case used most in all custom computers in the USA. Whether that is true or not I do not know, but I do know there are over 2000 reviews on Newegg.com for the Antec 900. It is an extremely popular case and that, to me, takes all the personalization out of the computer. You can not create a thread on this forum about computer cases without the Antec 900 coming up in one way or another. Lastly the Antec 900 is truly a nice case, but the lack of a few features that I enjoy, the slightly cramped amount of space, and the rather dull looks (after seeing it a thousand times) kind of kill it for me. The Antec 900 is a great case, but if you are heavily into computers, or think yourself an enthusiast then it may not be for you. To buy an Antec 900 is to make a sound investment in something thousands of people enjoy worldwide, to me though that is a problem.

[end rant]

Now that's one of the better statements I've heard in a while. I always recommend good solid PSU's, so the valuable parts inside work correctly and last longer than they are worth!!