Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Installing Vista: Can't find drivers?

Last response: in Windows Vista
January 23, 2012 2:55:42 AM

Hey all. So I recently got some bad viruses, and nothing could fix it. I decided to wipe my hard drive and re-install Vista (the only version of Windows that I have, and I'm not going to buy a new one right now).

After setting my BIOS to boot from the CD/DVD disk, and putting my Vista disk in, and starting it up from that, it wants me to select the driver to be installed. However, I am getting a message that says, "Load Driver. No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK."

So what are these drivers, and where can I find/download them? Thanks in advance to any help.
a b \ Driver
January 25, 2012 4:13:36 PM

Vista should not be asking for any drivers, it has SATA and a bunch of other drivers built-in. Are you running off a RAID card?
August 15, 2012 3:45:05 PM

If you just formatted your hard drive from windows disk management be sure you have it marked as a active drive or windows installation will not find any drivers. You make it active in windows disk management by right clicking on the drive.
Good Luck
a b \ Driver
August 15, 2012 3:51:38 PM

Thread is 7 months old
!