Underclock/disable weak core #3 on my quad core xeon l5518

rio747

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Hello, I have a Xeon 2.13ghz L5518 on which core number 2 runs about 8-9 degrees hotter than the other three. It has limited my overclock by quite a bit. If you label them cores: 0,1,2,3; I'd like to specifically disable core 2. Ive only been able to disable 2 and 3 together. All of the ways I've found to disable cores dont allow for choosing specific cores. Thanks

Solution

u do realize that it's just a faultly sensor rite:) Because all the cores are so close to each other, it highly improbable that one single core in the middle remains upto 9 degrees hotter than the others:) If u analyze it properly, u'll probably see that that 9C is almost constant from the lower temps all the way upto the highest temp when under full load.

Even in my...

$hawn

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009

u do realize that it's just a faultly sensor rite:) Because all the cores are so close to each other, it highly improbable that one single core in the middle remains upto 9 degrees hotter than the others:) If u analyze it properly, u'll probably see that that 9C is almost constant from the lower temps all the way upto the highest temp when under full load.

Even in my E8400, the 2 core's temp are off by 8C :) Just ignore that core's reading and continue normally :)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS