Upgrading Windows XP family to windows XP pro

Hi,

I want to upgrading my computer OS Windows XP family to windows XP pro .
What should I do ?

--
Charles
4 answers Last reply

    In news:4D292670-17B1-4809-AC03-96DB31335FC2@microsoft.com,
    charles <charles@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > I want to upgrading my computer OS Windows XP family to windows
    > XP
    > pro . What should I do ?

    Family? Do you mean you want to upgrade from XP Home to XP
    Professional?

    There is no special upgrade version just for this, but the
    regular XP Professional Upgrade works fine (although it doesn't
    say so on the box).

    But are you sure you want to do this? Are you aware that XP Home
    and Professional are identical except that Professional includes
    a few features (mostly related to security and networking)
    missing from Home? Most home users don't need and would never use
    these extra features and will see no benefits by upgrading.

    For details go to

    http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_home_pro.asp

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/whichxp.asp

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/choosing2.asp

    Also note that Professional allows ten concurrent network
    connections, and Home only five.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Ken,

    Thank you for your valaible inputs.
    Actually my pb is that Windows XP home install on my computer is a French
    version and I can't find in Word the dictionary in english as well as the
    synomyms. I have been told that I need XP PRo. Is is true?
    Another question: I want to have all my XP Family menus in engliish. What
    should I do?
    --
    Charles

    "Ken Blake" wrote:

    > In news:4D292670-17B1-4809-AC03-96DB31335FC2@microsoft.com,
    > charles <charles@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
    >

    > > I want to upgrading my computer OS Windows XP family to windows
    > > XP
    > > pro . What should I do ?
    >

    > Family? Do you mean you want to upgrade from XP Home to XP
    > Professional?
    >
    > There is no special upgrade version just for this, but the
    > regular XP Professional Upgrade works fine (although it doesn't
    > say so on the box).
    >

    > But are you sure you want to do this? Are you aware that XP Home
    > and Professional are identical except that Professional includes
    > a few features (mostly related to security and networking)
    > missing from Home? Most home users don't need and would never use
    > these extra features and will see no benefits by upgrading.
    >

    > For details go to
    >
    > http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_home_pro.asp
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/whichxp.asp
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/choosing2.asp
    >
    > Also note that Professional allows ten concurrent network
    > connections, and Home only five.

    > Please reply to the newsgroup

    Purchase the Windows XP Professional Upgrade and install it.

    PattyL

    In news:8EF9D10D-E9B1-4BAA-83A7-C0070B9908D5@microsoft.com,
    charles <charles@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > Thank you for your valaible inputs.
    > Actually my pb is that Windows XP home install on my computer
    > is a
    > French version and I can't find in Word the dictionary in
    > english as
    > well as the synomyms. I have been told that I need XP PRo. Is
    > is true?

    No, it's not true at all.

    Don't mix up Word and Windows, which are two separate products.
    This has nothing to do with what version of Windows you run. It
    has to do with the version of Word you run. I'm not a Word
    expert, but I suspect that you have a French version of Word and
    that it doesn't come with an English dictionary. If I'm right,
    that probably means you'll need to buy an English version of
    Word.

    But to be sure, you should ask in a Word newsgroup, rather than
    this Windows one. This isn't a Windows issue at all.

    > Another question: I want to have all my XP Family menus in
    > engliish.
    > What should I do?

    Again, there's no such thing as "XP Family." I assume you mean XP
    Home.

    Windows comes in language-specific versions. Unfortunately if you
    want it in English, you'll need to buy an English version. But
    save the money and buy XP Home, not Professional, unless you need
    one of Professional's extra features (and it doesn't sound like
    you do).

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    >> In news:4D292670-17B1-4809-AC03-96DB31335FC2@microsoft.com,
    >> charles <charles@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
    >>

    >>> I want to upgrading my computer OS Windows XP family to
    >>> windows
    >>> XP
    >>> pro . What should I do ?
    >>

    >> Family? Do you mean you want to upgrade from XP Home to XP
    >> Professional?
    >>
    >> There is no special upgrade version just for this, but the
    >> regular XP Professional Upgrade works fine (although it
    >> doesn't
    >> say so on the box).
    >>

    >> But are you sure you want to do this? Are you aware that XP
    >> and Professional are identical except that Professional
    >> includes
    >> a few features (mostly related to security and networking)
    >> missing from Home? Most home users don't need and would never
    >> use
    >> these extra features and will see no benefits by upgrading.
    >>

    >> For details go to
    >>
    >> http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_home_pro.asp
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/whichxp.asp
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/choosing2.asp
    >>
    >> Also note that Professional allows ten concurrent network
    >> connections, and Home only five.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Please reply to the newsgroup

Computers Microsoft Windows XP