cant get past 393fsb with rampage formula/e1200. please help!

I just cant seem to get past 393 fsb with my rampage formula with a celeron e1200. I upped the cpu voltage to 1.55 and still nothing, cant even post. I had everything else on default tried upping the nb to 1.3 and no luck at all. Is this a problem with my board? because I can get 400+ fsb on my p5k deluxe.
thanks in advance for any suggestions

Specs
bios : 0308
cpu : celeron e1200 (cooler : true 120)
mobo: asus rampage formula
ram: 4gb corsair pc8500 ultra
gpu : msi 4850 cf
psu : enermax galaxy 1000w
14 answers Last reply
More about cant past 393fsb rampage formula e1200 help
  1. you up even more on the NB 1.3 is relative small for overclock.

but may i ask why would you have such cheap CPU in a expensive rig?the image just dont fit together.are you waiting for some thing to drop in price?
  2. i got the processor for free through a lottery so i was just toying with it i tried upping voltage to 1.6 but still nothing. Maybe i should try upping the nb? i can get 3.4ghz with my q9550, nb on default voltage.
  3. yeah you should up the NB and FSB maybe max them to max your CPU since you not gonna loose anything!:) the mobo could definately handle the voltage its just a matter of what the CPU can handle.
  4. If you increase the NB voltage you really should think about getting some cooling on it. I have a Rampage Formula and I mounted a 40mm fan on the NB because @ idle it was 65-70c, after doing that it is ~45c @ load.

This is the fan I used, it's very low profile, doesn't make much noise and moves a lot of air for it's size.
  5. Maybe the cpu hit its limit? Celerons aren't high binned
  6. he should get ATLEAST 3.4Ghz on that mobo and Cooler considering its a TRUE.
  7. http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/celeron-e1200_4.html#sect0

here is the 3.4Ghz im talking about.it was done on a X38 and a very old Zalman 9700LED. so the TRUE should do better.
  8. i tried upping the nb to 1.4 but no luck, maybe this celeron just isnt very compatible with this board?
    And I cant install anything on the mobo heatsinks because I have two 120mm fans on my true in a push pull configuration.
  9. considering 200 is stock, you should be happy, your almost 100% oc. I doubt the little chip will go more.
  10. supageek said:
    i tried upping the nb to 1.4 but no luck, maybe this celeron just isnt very compatible with this board?
    And I cant install anything on the mobo heatsinks because I have two 120mm fans on my true in a push pull configuration.

I have a TRUE as well and I mounted the fan on the side of the heatsink blowing across it.
  11. OP are you really wanna blow this chip up?
  12. yeah i wouldnt care if it died but if it blew up itll probably damage other components in my system so no i dont want it to blow up. weird that i cant get past 400 fsb with it installed though.
  13. did you up both FSB termination voltage and NB voltage?and preferably PLL value.
  14. no i just gave up. been like a week since i swapped it out. thanks for all the help though.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Formula Rampage Overclocking