ATI X1900XT Questions

phenom97

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
Hello. I just have a couple questions that i was wondering if anyone could help me with.
Question 1-What is the best program to use to long term monitor my Video Card's core speed and memory speed. So i can open a game, check to see if the core speed changes or not ect.
Question 2-When i look in my video cards control center, It always shows my video card running at 500mhz. But when i baught it, the box said 625 or somthing like that. Am i supposto do somthing to get it running like it should?

Im kind of new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

thx.

gahleon

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
Well it depends on what you want to do. I prefer to leave Catalyst Control Center disabled and I only install the display driver and the WMN (think thats what its called). Anyhow, I used ATI Tray Tools rather than ATI Tool that many people use. I like this because it allows the card to get pretty nice speeds. The main problem with the card is that it gets how. Btw, the default clocks for the card are 500 core and 600 mem. I think that core of 625 is the XTX. Make sure you only have an XT. Thats what your topic says. My max clock for example is 621/720. Anyhow, for long term monitoring you can enable logging in almost every program and keep a log of temps and what not. As far as your clocks they may slide up and down depending on if you are in a 3d application or a 2d application. There is also a program called gpuid that is like cpuid that can tell you everything you want to know about your card, that's a fantastic program. Anyhow, good luck.

Get rivatuner it can log the temps and speeds for you. Just dont get alarmed over the temps, that card can get HOT.....

Just ask if you need help setting it up.

As far as i know its 625 for the XT and 650 for the XTX. Ati to save power and heat clock cards down in 2d mode....makes for a interesting looking flash when you alt tab out of games(thats a good hint its clocking up :))....and NEVER clocks in windowed games :(

There you have it X1900XT in Sonata II case. Room temp 27c cooling Accelero X2(Video) + PCI blower to get rid of heat
1900xtty8.jpg