black screen after rebuilding

honey006

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
i have bought myself a new computer case and installed everything form my old one to the new one including my x1950pro graphic card
the computer starts up but no screen visible
what could be the problem?
i 've tried reputting the videocard in the MB (cut myself during)
could it be put in wrong
i also use a power connector for my card that connects 2 adapters to 1 8 pin adapter. did i connect that wrong?? is there a certain order that it should be in (no other things like HDD or DVD on it etc...)

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Usually a build not working from one case to the next is a result of One of Two (or both) things:

1. Something is not seated correctly (RAM, CPU -- Maybe it got knocked lose) or a wired connection is not connected.

2. You have a short in the case somewhere. This occurs when the back of the MB contacts the case.
- Did you use stand-offs in the case or were there any pre-applied when you received it?

honey006

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
reply to 1: the system does power up, it starts en everything its just the screen that gets no output (have no onboard memory card)

reply to 2: i have put in standoffs

i have removed everything gonna put it back together tonight maybe something stupid??

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Usually it's something minor and often not what you think it was. At least, that's generally what I've seen so far. :p

I'd try building outside of your case, like on a cardboard box or something.

Also, what do you mean by "onboard memory card"?