Virus infected hard drive

blackbird307

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
I have a really nasty virus. It infected my hard Drive. It prevents me from formatting and in windows it gives me "Delayed write failed". I put my hardrive into slave and put it into another computer with a windows installation and formatted it. Now this where im almost certain it's a virus. Soon after I formatted and took out the hard drive, I got an error message saying delayed write failure. So it infected my other hard drive!
Someone please help me.

In short it infected my hard drive then infected my other.

The hard drive originally infected was a 40gb, and my other was a 16gb hard drive .

Another reason im sure its a virus is I see a mrt.exe claiming to be Microsoft malicious software remover on my partition that I just formatted. Along with a few other files.

I'm sure this a virus and not a normal one either.

blackbird307

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008

HALP

Try booting into safe mode. You can run a safe mode scan which can catch most viruses in a dormant stage.

What error are you getting when you try to reformat that single drive as a master drive? You should be able to change the boot order to boot off of an OS disk.

blackbird307

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Yes, when I had it into master the drive booted into windows and still had delayed write. Also when I try formating via setup it fails. I tried installing 2000 over my xp installation I got delayed write. There is nothing wrong with the cables im sure of that, like I said I used a different computer. After examining none of the hdd pins are bent either. Also how would you explain the 3 files constantly showing up?. Speaking of virus the problem started happening after the remove of a virus which had kept returning. One of the symptons was each partition on drive had folder named rescycle with a file named boot.com. It was un delete able, Malware bytes and a few registry editing got rid of them. I used smit fraud fix and couldnt fix anything, I tried continous times. It is truely a unusual virus.