mikekazik1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
I just heard about the 45nm core 2 quad processors that will be coming out any time now. When I sent intel an email (in which I asked about the release date), they said that it was already released. I believed him since the processor was for sale on some of those google checkout websites. But why don't tiger and newegg have it? What's with those 2 companies. Out of all the companies that sell hardware, shouldn't they be the first ones to have it. After all, they specialize in hardware sales (for the most part) while other sites sell a wide range of goods. When I sent those websites an email, they said that they did not have it in stock. Does anyone know what is going on?

satanpro

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2008
Cause the people that answer email at intel likely have no idea what is going on. The ones 'for sale' on google are pre-orders.

mikekazik1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007

Yes, but I already said that when I emailed newegg and tiger, they said that they did not have the chip at all. They did not tell me that it was "not available for retail sale" at the moment.

Mondoman

Splendid

If they don't have the chip (it is still being shipped to distributors and not yet to Newegg/Tiger/other retailers), then of course "it is not available for retail sale".

mikekazik1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
I know that, but at least it proves that they are not stockpiling those processors in some warehouse so that they have time to clean out their older inventory.

Mondoman

Splendid
An email from customer service doesn't actually prove very much at all, but newegg/Tiger would be very silly to stockpile "...processors in some warehouse...", as they only make money by actually selling them.
However, Intel (and other manufacturers) do often contractually restrict wholesalers/retailers from offering CPUs for sale before a specific introduction/embargo date.