Need a MB suggestion for Q6600 and Crossfire...

xringx

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
CPU is Q6600
Need 4 DDR2 slots
Crossfire supported.
Need to be able to OC.

I have poked around the P35 chipsets, dont see much....

Anybody have a suggestion or know something?

miamirain

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2008
I had the ABIT IX38 Quad GT board for a while before I traded it in for a SLI board, it ran pretty stable for the 2 weeks I had it.

righteous

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
asus maximus formula hands down.

it has so many extra little features that I have found very useful. just little details like the lcd poster which tells you in english what is wrong, hdd activity leds on the board, voltminders leds on the board, halfway decent cooling, onboard audio, a damned near bulletproof BIOS.

I have always been disappointed with various boards I have bought in some way, but so far I am very pleased with the maximus.

the p5 is practically the same thing I think (it even says maximus formula under the sticker i believe, but stripped of all the cool litle features. If you're going to buy a board, get the best one you can afford.

Scaj

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2007
Aye, ordered the Maximus Extreme and it should be within my grasp shortly. C'mon UPS, frezzing rain warning or not, give me my new mobo lol. For the DDR2 version go with the Maximus Formula. I believe the P35 models have the Intel ICH8 or 9 SB chipset on them that limit HD bandwidth to 80 MB/s, the X38 mobos have the "R" versions of the chipsets and no bandwidth limitations.

blotch

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2007
An Asus P5E is the same as a Maximus Formula except for a few extras and slightly better heat sinks. I recommend the P5E unless the Formula is in your price range. The difference is like 20-30 bucks but they are best two choices. I'm getting a P5E in a few days unless the price drops on the Formula.

JDocs

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2008
And don't forget with any Asus X38 board you can force the Asus Rampage BIOS onto it which adds a few X48 features and slightly reduces voltage requirements and hench heat...

TRENDING THREADS