frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs, I have 20 or more Windows Hotfixes.
Is there a way of hiding these hotfixes? I don't want to remove or uninstall
the hotfixes, just prevent them from appearing on the list. Thanks in
advance.

There's a checkbox on the window to show Window updates or not. Just uncheck
it.

--
David Nimon
dnimonREMOVE@##sympatico.ca

--------------------------------

Frank wrote:
> In Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs, I have 20 or more Windows
> Hotfixes. Is there a way of hiding these hotfixes? I don't want to
> remove or uninstall the hotfixes, just prevent them from appearing on
> the list. Thanks in advance.

Assuming you have windows XP, you can hide them by check the Show Updates
box at the top of the Add.Remove Programs window. Note that this box only
appears on systems running Windows XP with SP2 installed. Other operating
systems do not have that option.

David Nimon wrote:
> There's a checkbox on the window to show Window updates or not. Just
> uncheck it.

If you aren't using Windows XP with SP2 installed, that check box does not
exist.

> --------------------------------
> "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> In Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs, I have 20 or more Windows
>> Hotfixes.
>> Is there a way of hiding these hotfixes? I don't want to remove or
>> uninstall
>> the hotfixes, just prevent them from appearing on the list. Thanks
>> in advance.

map

David Nimon wrote:
> There's a checkbox on the window to show Window updates or not. Just
> uncheck it.
>

> --------------------------------
> "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> In Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs, I have 20 or more Windows
>> Hotfixes.
>> Is there a way of hiding these hotfixes? I don't want to remove or
>> uninstall
>> the hotfixes, just prevent them from appearing on the list. Thanks
>> in advance.

If you don't have SP2.
This is from kellys-korner.com

Hide selective programs/applications listed in Add or Remove:

Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Local the program in question in the left pane. In the right pane, right
click DisplayName and select rename: Add Quiet so it will read:
QuietDisplayName. No reboot or refresh needed. Open Add or Remove - the
listing is now gone. To revert, rename back to DisplayName.

--
Mike Pawlak

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Since I use XP Pro SP1, there is no checkbox. So I used both Mike's
suggestion (Regedit) and Thomas' hotfix download. Both worked very nicely.
No more hotfixes show in the Add/Remove list. Thanks guys!

Get this:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_hotfix_backup.htm

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> In Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs, I have 20 or more Windows
Hotfixes.
> Is there a way of hiding these hotfixes? I don't want to remove or
uninstall
> the hotfixes, just prevent them from appearing on the list. Thanks in
> advance.

TRENDING THREADS