I need some overclocking advise

Hi everybody,

I need some advise with overclocking my system.

I don't want to do that much, but I want it to run 1:1.

According to cpuz it's 5:6 now.

I read a few things about changing settings in the bios, but I'm not sure what to do.

This is my system:

Asus P5Q
Intel C2D e8400
Geil 4gb 800Mhz
Asus 9800GTX+
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro cooler

Oh yes and another question. :)
The memory package says it's Cas.4 and I ordered it as memory with timings 4-4-4-12, but when I look in cpuz in the memory tab it says Cas# Latency (CL) 5.0 clocks, RAS# to CAS# Delay 5 clocks etc etc, so it looks like it's 5-5-5-15???

I hope somebody can guide me through the bios settings a little to get it to work 1:1.

Thanks in advance! :p
4 answers Last reply
More about overclocking advise
  1. Ok, so I found a few other sites and now I've set it up like this.

FSB: 400
    C1E & Speedstep disabled
    PCI-e spectrum disabled

Now it's 1:1 in cpu-z and running @ 3600Mhz.

Core Temps (Real Temp): 33 degrees Celcius

Looks ok to me, because I read posts about temp above 50 with similar settings.

About the memory timings, I've read something about the timings that 4-4-4-12 and 5-5-5-15 doesn't make that much of difference?

So I think I'll leave it at this, unless somebody says I should go further to get more out of it without stressing it too much.
  2. well, the E8400 at stock is 333Mhz, and your RAM is 400 (800 double data rate)

most motherboards auto detect RAM at 5-5-5-15 you will have to manually set it to 4-4-4-12. to get a 1:1 ratio you will have to either underclock your RAM or overclock your CPU.
  3. Ok, then I will manually set the memory to 4-4-4-12.

And I have the 1:1 now I've set the FSB to 400.

Thanks!
  4. lol i didn't even realise that you had posted that comment before mine :P glad to help :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Memory