Pics from Clie to desktop

a b } Memory
May 24, 2004 7:34:44 PM

Is it possible to export pictures taken on my TJ27 to my desktop computer
WITHOUT a memory stick?

I haven't seen a way to do it yet, and it seems like a cheap way to force you to
buy a memory stick.....

--
-Take out Ron to reply-
Votre mère était un hamster et votre père a senti des baies de sureau

More about : pics clie desktop

May 25, 2004 3:30:44 PM

I use bluetooth to synchronize and send stuff from clie to PC. I guess you
could use IR too.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
May 25, 2004 4:15:35 PM

In article <2hgi3bFcg5l2U1@uni-berlin.de>, "Mikki" <fake@email.com> wrote:

> I use bluetooth to synchronize and send stuff from clie to PC. I guess you
> could use IR too.

No bluetooth on the Clie TJ27, and I don't have anything that can receive IR, as
far as I can tell.

--
-Take out Ron to reply-
Votre mère était un hamster et votre père a senti des baies de sureau
a b } Memory
May 26, 2004 1:00:09 AM

In article <boggissimoron-EAB228.12153525052004@individual.net>,
Dr. Boggis <boggissimoron@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In article <2hgi3bFcg5l2U1@uni-berlin.de>, "Mikki" <fake@email.com> wrote:

> > I use bluetooth to synchronize and send stuff from clie to PC. I guess
> > you could use IR too.

> No bluetooth on the Clie TJ27, and I don't have anything that can
> receive IR, as far as I can tell.

I had this problem with a new th55 I could view them on the PC but not
save as jpegs, as they seem to be in a sony database format.

Getting a memory stick solved the problem! I think you may need this too
for MP3 and other multimedia files.

However I was successful in emailing a jpeg (one at a time) to myself.!

Steve

--
Steve Knattress from London.
Using an Xscale Iyonix PC with: Newshound, Popstar and !Pluto

In article <4cb4c62cb8engineer@catnextdoor.com>,
Steve Knattress <engineer@catnextdoor.com> wrote:

> In article <boggissimoron-EAB228.12153525052004@individual.net>,
> Dr. Boggis <boggissimoron@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > In article <2hgi3bFcg5l2U1@uni-berlin.de>, "Mikki" <fake@email.com> wrote:
>
> > > I use bluetooth to synchronize and send stuff from clie to PC. I guess
> > > you could use IR too.
>
> > No bluetooth on the Clie TJ27, and I don't have anything that can
> > receive IR, as far as I can tell.
>
> I had this problem with a new th55 I could view them on the PC but not
> save as jpegs, as they seem to be in a sony database format.
>
> Getting a memory stick solved the problem! I think you may need this too
> for MP3 and other multimedia files.
>
> However I was successful in emailing a jpeg (one at a time) to myself.!

I asked on www.cliesource.com and was directed to a little app called
ClieConverter, which you can download free from here:
http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/cliepictureconver...

It only works on a Windows machine, but it does work! You find the pics in the
backup folder after you sync, then drag/drop them into the ClieConverter window,
and it outputs .jpg files into the same directory.

It's a bit of a pain for me, since I'm on a Mac at work, but at least I have a
PC at home which I can use it on. I can't imagine it'd be that hard to write the
conversion program for OSX/Linux/whatever, if you know what you're doing.
Unfortunately I wouldn't know where to start!

I will get a MS when I see a good deal on one, but I'm still absorbing the
initial outlay of the Clie and MissingSync software.

--
!