Network access

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I have a wireless network with wep encryption yet my b-i-l waltzed in with
his sony and used my network to collect his emails.How is this possible.

Malke

john wrote:

> I have a wireless network with wep encryption yet my b-i-l waltzed
> in with
> his sony and used my network to collect his emails.How is this
> possible.

1. Your b-i-l knows how to crack WEP.
2. Your wife told your b-i-l your WEP key.
3. Your WEP key is so amazingly easy to guess that anyone who knows you
could guess it.
4. All of the above?

Seriously, there's no way for people reading your post to know. Change
your WEP key and see if he can get in now.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

Are you sure he used yours and not your neighbors?

Wayne

john wrote:

> I have a wireless network with wep encryption yet my b-i-l waltzed
> in with his sony and used my network to collect his emails.How is
> this possible.

Or even better, (provided your wireless equipment supports it....) use WPA
encryption