Overloaded hard drive, blue screen of death

bbabear01

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
I have a Hitachi 320gb hd that was set as my master. I had my computer set to auto update and forgot that I was running out of space. Apparently one night the auto update feature download overloaded my drive and got the blue screen of death, along with some code that goes to fast to follow the errors.

I have a drive eraser but cannot seem to get to erasing it because every time that it is plugged in it takes command of the computer and blue screens. Is there a way that I can get this to stop functioning as master and get into it so that I can wipe it clean or at least erase some of the files that are there and save the other information. Please any ideas would be very helpful as I have tried everything.

p.s. - have taken to a pro and they say they have a machine and they checked to see if they could do it and they said that they would be able to but would charge $99 to do so.

Thanks,
Scott

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Download Kubuntu and burn the ISO to CD with ISO Recorder or other ISO burning software.

Boot to the Kubuntu CD, but be sure you don't click on install on the desktop. Then you can delete/move the files.

You can also do it with an NTFS boot disk, but you would have to be able to use the command prompt.