Sign in with
Your question

Case with best cable management? (full tower only!)

Last response: in Components
March 8, 2008 9:34:05 AM

Hello there :bounce: 

I'm having trouble selecting the case that would fit my needs best!
What i REALLY need is case with plenty room/features so i can manage all the cable/wiring inside and be able to hide them aswell (am i asking too much? :D )

The list of cases i like are these (please leave comment or add other suggestions :) )

Stacker 832
Cosmos S
LianLi PC-A71A

Problem is i dont know if all of these cases are good to hide cables (for example behind the mobo tray... i guess the Cosmos S is out becase lack of the removable tray...)
If you know any other FULL TOWER case and has the best solutions to hide cables, I NEED YOUR HELP! :) 
March 8, 2008 5:19:13 PM

The Lian-Li A71 has a compartment style interior, meaning there are many great opportunities for great cable management, also its cheaper at silverpcs.com. The Cosmos S still does not cool well, like the Cosmos, and the Stacker 832 looks very constricting. Also more fans does not mean better cooling, its all about the design. Get the A71, its a beautiful, well cooled, and truely nice case.

http://www.silverpcs.com/product_info.php?products_id=4...
March 8, 2008 9:58:25 PM

Thanks for the input Blood, i think i will finally get that one!

I still have to find information on some other components before i order the whole thing, so i will keep an eye at this thread :) 
Related resources
March 8, 2008 10:36:36 PM

I just got the PC-A70, which is the same as the 71 except no door. It is huge with plenty of room and fantastic cooling. Cable management is very easy. The hard drives mount with the connectors at the back (right side) so all of that is out of sight. I love this case and I'm sure you will also. You might also check out Performance-pcs; very highly rated and I have been extremely happy with their prices and support. Silverpcs does have some pretty good comments on resellerratings; I might try them out in the future.
March 9, 2008 8:10:09 AM

I have the Cosmos 1000 and it has great cable management. Can see all the cables on my little pic. If it was 3D would notice they are all relatively flat. It also has a nice area from the back panel to hide a lot of the extra cables and things. It also came with all sorts of case tie downs, zip straps, and everything. Cable management was a breeze.
March 9, 2008 10:15:12 AM

Thank ozzy55 and lilsage, i think i will go for the Lian Li A71 after all...

I really like the looks and the simple lines, no too much loaded, maybe i would buy the left panel with the window :) 
March 16, 2008 4:21:31 PM

I just recieved my Lian Li A71 and... WOW!
Thats all i can say.

I would recommend it to everyone :) 
March 16, 2008 4:57:10 PM

I knew you would like it. It is a dream to work with. I switched my power supply from the bottom to the top and having all that space really made it easy (at least compared to other cases I have owned).
March 16, 2008 10:18:55 PM

Sure The_Blood_Raven, i can post only pictures with no hardware because im still waiting :( .

Ozzy55, so you recommend to fit the PSU at the top or at the bottom?
March 19, 2008 3:49:44 AM

For me, the PS at the top was a lot better for my cable management. It took away the fan for exhaust that was located there but it was great tp have the option. I got the custom top from Performance-pcs so that added room for two 120mms and i had some Yate Loons for the spots.
March 19, 2008 8:57:48 AM

I think i saw that top somewhere!
My problem is i live in Europe (spain) and its almost impossible to find it here, i dont know where i would be able to buy it :( 
March 19, 2008 9:20:31 AM

Mmmm i think performance-pcs is what i was looking for :) 
They SEND worldwide :)  :) 

I will get one of those top covers then, and maybe something else yay!
March 19, 2008 9:48:00 AM

Ozzy55 said:
For me, the PS at the top was a lot better for my cable management. It took away the fan for exhaust that was located there but it was great tp have the option. I got the custom top from Performance-pcs so that added room for two 120mms and i had some Yate Loons for the spots.

Please post a picture of your case showing the top 120mm fans and the top psu mounted on my post, thanks.
March 20, 2008 8:44:52 PM

Be nice if the P180 had a clear side.
Kinda defeats the purpose of cable management.
March 20, 2008 10:41:52 PM

Sorry, I didn't see the "(full tower only!)"
March 22, 2008 3:05:06 AM

Thanks for the post, but already bought the Lian Li, hope P180 helps someone else needs :) 
March 22, 2008 4:04:06 AM

Antec 900++
March 24, 2008 12:47:18 PM

The_Blood_Raven said:
Please post a picture of your case showing the top 120mm fans and the top psu mounted on my post, thanks.

The_Blood_Raven-I just noticed your request. I'll take some photos and post them tonite.
March 24, 2008 1:15:07 PM

SoMBrA said:
Mmmm i think performance-pcs is what i was looking for :) 
They SEND worldwide :)  :) 

I will get one of those top covers then, and maybe something else yay!

Yes, Performance-pcs is one of the best. Pretty fast shipping and the packaging was great. They're good at answering questions or for any help, also.
March 25, 2008 1:51:41 AM

Ozzy55 said:
The_Blood_Raven-I just noticed your request. I'll take some photos and post them tonite.

here are some photos:

March 25, 2008 2:28:09 AM

Wow thank you so much Ozzy, my last question is can you mount the top panel mod so the 2 120mm fans are up front instead of back?
March 25, 2008 2:45:34 AM

The_Blood_Raven said:
Wow thank you so much Ozzy, my last question is can you mount the top panel mod so the 2 120mm fans are up front instead of back?

I would also have preferred them more toward the center, but, no, you have to mount the top with the holes towards the rear. The sides of the top panel look the same, but the front and back are different because of the mounting of the front cover. Also the external ports are on top in front.

The problem with having the PS on top with the new fans is that the rear fan is partially blocked, but I think it still would have an effect. The holes were positioned to also accommodate a Danger Den water cooling setup which would fit there without a PS on top.
March 25, 2008 4:31:26 PM

Last question, what power supply are you using? Kinda suck you can not put the fans forward, but oh well after 20+ pros of this case we find 1 con with an aftermarket mod lol.

Actually one more question, do you have 3 different HDDs in your case, it says MAX, WD, and SEA, just wondering? I like the labeling, it is very neat and thorough.
March 26, 2008 12:58:48 AM

The_Blood_Raven said:
Last question, what power supply are you using? Kinda suck you can not put the fans forward, but oh well after 20+ pros of this case we find 1 con with an aftermarket mod lol.

Actually one more question, do you have 3 different HDDs in your case, it says MAX, WD, and SEA, just wondering? I like the labeling, it is very neat and thorough.

I have an OCZ GameXStream 700W PS. It worked out well with the top fans as it is not very big. One reason I mounted it on top is that it was a little difficult to reach the cpu power connector from the bottom.

I used a portable Dymo labeler for the HDs. I tend to accumulate drives and it really helps me keep track which one is which, especially this case with the HD's back facing the front and the connectors in back.

I can't tell you how much I really like this case. Every case I've bought has been bigger than the last-room is what you come to appreciate if you are going to be working on it all the time. I'm really sold on this one and think it is well worth the money even with the extra money for the top.

Have you pulled the trigger on a case yet?
March 26, 2008 1:23:10 AM

Well jewish me (no offense and I mean this in a good way) I am not going to buy the case until I need it for my next build, because the price might drop, I could find a good deal, and because I don't have any more room for another box in storage. That said it would take one HELL of a case to make me not get this case, honestly this is the best case I have ever seen, and it has a dual PSU design so I can buy another PC P&C 750w instead of buying a 1000w PSU. Bottom line, yes I have decided on a case, thank you so much for your help.
March 28, 2008 12:44:02 AM

Hello again guys :D 
I think tomorrow y will have the Silver top for my A71 + 2 noctua :) 

I will post some pictures with the new top + coolers :)  (also silver Zalman MFC1 otw!)
!