16 bit windows subsystem

can anyone help please. tryed loading a game on the pc today and was
shown a promt box titled 16 bit windows subsystem . and in tis prompt
the following message:-C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file
is not suitable for running MS-DOS and windows applications . now what
does this mean and how do i get my game to install and overcome this
problem :eek: :confused:

--
def110772
1 answer Last reply

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767
    Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program

    Replace the standard version of autoexec.nt/config.nt by copying a backup copy
    located in %windir%\repair\ to %windir%\system32\
    (NB: %windir% is typically C:\Windows)

    Start>Run and type it this without the quotes:
    "cmd /c copy /y %windir%\repair\autoexec.nt %windir%\system32"

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314106
    Troubleshooting MS-DOS-Based Programs in Windows

    16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem error while installing or running a DOS application:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/16bit.htm

    "def110772" <def110772.1t0adm@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > can anyone help please. tryed loading a game on the pc today and was
    > shown a promt box titled 16 bit windows subsystem . and in tis prompt
    > the following message:-C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file
    > is not suitable for running MS-DOS and windows applications . now what
    > does this mean and how do i get my game to install and overcome this
    > problem :eek: :confused:
    >

    > --
    > def110772

Games Microsoft Windows XP