Failed RAID 0 on a MAC

jrodgers

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
I have an external drive enclosure (Sonnettech Fusion 500P) with 5 Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 500GB drives configured to RAID 0. Drive number 4 of this array appears to have died. The MAC is running OS 10.4.11. Sometimes I can see the drive on the desktop. I have tried to copy a single 27GB folder from the array to a local HD on the MAC. When I attempt to copy this folder the drive array will drop offline and I get an error that a device has been removed. Because I was using this array as a scratch drive I had not made a backup of the folder I was working on. I have searched the internet and the Tom's Hardware site , but have found nothing that will help me recover the data on the failed drive. I can find all types of applications for Windows, but nothing for the MAC. I have contacted the makers of Tech Tools Pro and Drive Warrior. They can not help. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you.

Ignatowski

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009

raid 0 you lose a drive you lose the data. thats the way it works. im sure one of the professional drive repair services might be able to do a sector copy of the drive and rebuild the raid. but its gunna cost you a bunch.

TRENDING THREADS