Budget/Value King Video Card in 08' - still 8800gt?

Ok...long story short I had video card issues 2 months back and bought a 8800GT for a 3.5 year old machine....yea I know massive bottleneck...but my question is - will the 8800GT still be the best value for its money buy Mid 08' (June), when I plan to do a full upgrade on my PC. I am all about maximum performance for the least amount of money and when the 8800GT came out..it was the value/budget king. So will it remain this way by mid-08' when I plan to do a full PC upgrade (for Conan). And if not...what video card will hold the title for best price : performance ratio in 08' ? I really don't want to feel regret when I do my full PC upgrade in June. I was hope my 8800GT choice was a safe, and that I would save some money on my full upgrade if the 8800GT was still Budget/Value King in June. Any idea guys on mid-08' and 08' value cards?
4 answers Last reply
More about budget value king video card 8800gt
  1. Well..The 9600 GT is great performance for the money, but the 8800 GT definitely offers the best performance for the money.

During June/July, R700 will make its way in, the 9800 GX2 is near release along with the 9800 GTX. Expect to see the g100 during Q3/Q4...Just base your decisions off that, and you should be fine.
  2. Kamrooz said:
    Well..The 9600 GT is great performance for the money, but the 8800 GT definitely offers the best performance for the money.

During June/July, R700 will make its way in, the 9800 GX2 is near release along with the 9800 GTX. Expect to see the g100 during Q3/Q4...Just base your decisions off that, and you should be fine.

will any card release before mid-08' under $300 be better than the 8800GT?
  3. For that to happen something would need to come out better than the 8800GTS 512 that is under $300. I dont see the R700 or the 9800s being cheaper than that at release
  4. There is no way of knowing what will be the best bang for the buck 4 months from now. What will the prices be? Some people spent over $300 on an 8800GT, now they have been as low as $185 AR. prices go down and new stuff come out. Just do your homework and make a wise choice when you buy. After that enjoy the card and save up for your next one. Don't look back or you are bound to feel you paid too much.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards King Performance Graphics