How to install windows xp on a i3 processer

G

Hello,
how to install widows XP on an HP Laptop with i3 processor........
help required..

babu

Hold on, do you want to repair? without loosing your files?
or do you want to reinstall, and wipe out everything that is on the computer?

Answer that question first, before doing anything. Back up all your personal files first, if you can.
If you want to repair only, see Tom's XP forum, fifth post from the top, there are directions.

put the disk in the drive
start the computer and hold down F8, wait for the boot menu
select: boot from CD, using your up down arrows, push enter
follow the install directions as they appear on your monitor.
usually works OK.

Not quite so easy with XP. For a start, the disk drive will be a SATA one, so you'll need to find drivers for that first unless the XP install disk has SP3 incorporated.

I do wonder why anyone wants to put an obsolete OS on new hardware.

Anyway, have a look on the HP site and see if they provide XP drivers for your laptop; if not I wouldn't bother trying.

Hello,
how to install widows XP on an HP Laptop with i3 processor........
help required..

babu

You want to watch for ACHI problems. If it blue screens during the install, switch to IDE mode in the bios. If there isn't a switch, find the chipset AHCI driver and install it during the installation process.

And yes, having SP3 disk is a good idea.

It's how HP think of it that is important to the OP. If they support XP on this PC then it's simply a matter of downloading the drivers from their website. If they don't support it then XP is, on this PC, obsolete.

All current PC's support XP. You can get the drivers from the chipset manufacturer.

You may well be correct. But I think it's a little more complicated than just putting an XP disk in the drive and following the on-screen instructions.

Whatever - perhaps you could help the OP by giving him some pointers to where he can find the drivers he needs (he certainly won't get them from HP). I'm guessing from his original question that he isn't into the niceties of what particular chipset his PC uses.

It would depend on the laptop. I would need to know more about his model.