No 9800GX yet, but drivers already on MSI website...

Lord Gornak

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2008
It just says GX, so I'm wondering if there will be a GX as well as a GX2. We'll know soon either way. Need to find a part time job filling vending machines so I can sneak a peak inside of NVidia headquarters. No one ever pays attention to the vending machine guy.
I'm sure Tom's will get a copy before launch with a non-disclosure agreement. Gotta pump out the good press on the day of release!

bsan89

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2008
Interesting, I notice usually review goes AFTER the release correct?
After all the company want to make $ before the card is criticize.

pchoi04

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007

Sometimes information leaks and sometimes reviews may be posted early by mistake or error. Sites like Expreview seems to get the dirt on products a bit early before there released in the US, maybe because this stuff is made in China they have easier access to it.

Tweakdown seems to be pretty good on an early review. I think I remember a review on serveral cards before its release, 2900pro, 9600gt, 8800gt, and maybe others.

How it all works I'm not quite sure. Maybe some break the rules.

Topcover

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
I usually see review start popping up about 5 days before the card comes out. I guess this is to build hype for the card. I bet it could backfire though if the card is terrible people would find out early not to buy it.

dev1se

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007

Haha @ the vending machine guy... can you imagine it?