Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Windows PID

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
July 11, 2010 3:51:40 AM

Hello,
Under what key can I find the Windows PID in the registry (XP PRO)

Thanks in advance

More about : windows pid

July 11, 2010 4:16:47 AM

Thank you. I did not know that it morphed from an 8 digit number to a 20 digit number. Is there a way (in the registry perhaps) to see the original PID with which windows was installed.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 11, 2010 4:54:04 AM

keyfinder shows the original 25 digit key. I am looking for the PID that was in the ini file on the install CD
m
0
l
July 11, 2010 6:26:29 AM

DosHog said:
keyfinder shows the original 25 digit key. I am looking for the PID that was in the ini file on the install CD


[#0005ff]If you could get to it, I'm sure it will be heavly encrypted and I can't think of a use in seeing it.[/#000ff]
m
0
l
July 11, 2010 9:21:06 AM

Saga Lout said:
[#0005ff]If you could get to it, I'm sure it will be heavly encrypted and I can't think of a use in seeing it.[/#000ff]


If there is no point in seeing it, why would it be heavily encrypted?

Im sure its floating around somewhere. Its easy enough to find in XP.
m
0
l
July 11, 2010 10:40:28 AM

FALC0N said:
If there is no point in seeing it, why would it be heavily encrypted?



Microsoft paranoia? :D  OK so there is a reason for wanting to see it but it's usually because people think they can crack it into an activation-free copy.

m
0
l
!