Hybrid SLI for Intel..........

EdzBourne

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
We all know about AMD's 780G Chipset with the Hybrid crossfire thing...but their 1st batch of hybrid crossfire doesn't include the power saving feature that turns the discrete graphics at 2D mode...

While nvidia's Hybrid SLI already included their power saving mode on their nforce 8200 series Chipset..

But these chipsets are for AMD processors only...there will be doubts that AMD will introduce a 780G for intel cpus..

nvidia on the other hand may bring Hybrid SLI for Intel cpus...I just love the power saving feature because my Gigabyte G31MX paired with a Q6600 is eating up our electricity bill !!!!

I'm planning on selling it and buy an E2180 dual w/c is not power hungry considering the fact that it is a monolithic design compared to the double cheese burger of Q6600 (double the consumption)...I just want to pair it with a 9600GT for a moment because the 9xxx series is the only GPU's that support nvidia's Hybrid SLI....when hybrid SLI mobos for intel comes out this year, they are a good combination of power saving machine..

I game casually, but I often left my PC 24/7 because I always download torrents....so when not gaming, the Hybrid SLI will turn off the discrete graphics w/c saves power...

yomamafor1

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007

I think what he meant was SLI is not available to Intel chipset, which is true.

TRENDING THREADS