Sign in with
Your question

Vista & Medal of Honor Spearhead problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 23, 2008 1:38:37 PM

Hi!

Im running Vista ultimate 32-bit, graphic card is Ati Radeon x800 pro (AGP) with the latest Ati drivers installed 8.2. Whenever I start Medal of honor spearhead it crashes, vista just writes SH has stoped working...and returns to desktop.

What is the problem, drivers, graphic card or vista?

tnx
a b U Graphics card
February 23, 2008 3:48:44 PM

If your not having probs in any other games, probably your drivers. Do you have older drivers you can roll back to in order to see if that works? If that doesn't work, you may also try these......

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

You should be able to navigate to the drivers you need on there. I don't know if they will work for what your need, but it's worth a shot. They are really a 3rd party driver, but I used to use them with my video cards all the time under XP, worked great. Under Vista, they work ok I guess, but on my nvidia card, had a weird graphic anomaly in Medieval Total war 2, kingdoms. So I went back to my old drivers. But I'd start there. If your card works in other games, I would say it's not your card.

Also, check your game, it might be that as well. See if there are any patches for MOH. Or try compatibility mode on it as well.
February 23, 2008 5:30:18 PM

But there arent omega drivers for vista, only for XP, should I try with this one?
Related resources
a c 105 U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
February 23, 2008 5:39:36 PM

I think going in and setting it to run in compatibility mode for xp or windows 95 might work. Right click on icon/properties/etc.
February 23, 2008 5:57:34 PM

Why I cant tick to run this game as administrator?

a c 105 U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
February 23, 2008 9:25:11 PM

Should be able to. right click on icon, second thing down.......... "run as"............. not on my Vista machine so I can't be more thorough.
a b U Graphics card
February 23, 2008 11:53:36 PM

Ooops, sorry dude, I thought he had the vista drivers out already. He does for Nvidia, just not ATI yet. Sorry, thought he had them.
a b U Graphics card
February 24, 2008 12:26:57 AM

You know what, it may or may not be vista related. There have been complaints about MOHAA and it's expansions being broken in many of NV and ATI drivers, even in Win XP. Been a long while since I've played them, but I can remember certain ATI drivers that no longer worked. (about Cat 5.7) And a True NV fan buddy of mine told me he recently had issues with NV's newer drivers in these games. Anyway, search for driver versions that work as I'm just not sure. Some people stick to old drivers for MOHAA. Another fix is to modify newer drivers with old OGL files. Not sure on Vista and OGL though.
February 25, 2008 8:19:14 AM

I have fixed this issue with installing Ati display drivers for XP. To succesfully install you must set setup.exe of Ati display drivers to work in compatibility mode for XP otherwise Vista wont let this drivers to be installed. After installation just reboot and SH works. :sol: 
February 28, 2009 10:33:31 PM

Gregor87 said:
I have fixed this issue with installing Ati display drivers for XP. To succesfully install you must set setup.exe of Ati display drivers to work in compatibility mode for XP otherwise Vista wont let this drivers to be installed. After installation just reboot and SH works. :sol: 

which drivers were they? Can you give me a link or anything?
Thanks

Joe
March 1, 2009 4:16:34 AM

Last I heard the ATI cat 8.6 is the only one that works. Give it a try though not sure if the cat 8.x drivers will work properly with the x800 card. If you go with NV not sure what drivers work maybe some else knows that one. Good luck.
March 2, 2009 1:16:42 AM

Thanks heaps
i'll let you know if it works

Joe
!