Vista & Medal of Honor Spearhead problem

Gregor87

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2008
Hi!

Im running Vista ultimate 32-bit, graphic card is Ati Radeon x800 pro (AGP) with the latest Ati drivers installed 8.2. Whenever I start Medal of honor spearhead it crashes, vista just writes SH has stoped working...and returns to desktop.

What is the problem, drivers, graphic card or vista?

tnx

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
If your not having probs in any other games, probably your drivers. Do you have older drivers you can roll back to in order to see if that works? If that doesn't work, you may also try these......

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

You should be able to navigate to the drivers you need on there. I don't know if they will work for what your need, but it's worth a shot. They are really a 3rd party driver, but I used to use them with my video cards all the time under XP, worked great. Under Vista, they work ok I guess, but on my nvidia card, had a weird graphic anomaly in Medieval Total war 2, kingdoms. So I went back to my old drivers. But I'd start there. If your card works in other games, I would say it's not your card.

Also, check your game, it might be that as well. See if there are any patches for MOH. Or try compatibility mode on it as well.

Gregor87

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2008
Why I cant tick to run this game as administrator?

sh.jpg

pauldh

Illustrious
You know what, it may or may not be vista related. There have been complaints about MOHAA and it's expansions being broken in many of NV and ATI drivers, even in Win XP. Been a long while since I've played them, but I can remember certain ATI drivers that no longer worked. (about Cat 5.7) And a True NV fan buddy of mine told me he recently had issues with NV's newer drivers in these games. Anyway, search for driver versions that work as I'm just not sure. Some people stick to old drivers for MOHAA. Another fix is to modify newer drivers with old OGL files. Not sure on Vista and OGL though.

Gregor87

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2008
I have fixed this issue with installing Ati display drivers for XP. To succesfully install you must set setup.exe of Ati display drivers to work in compatibility mode for XP otherwise Vista wont let this drivers to be installed. After installation just reboot and SH works. :sol:

Pasquali

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009

which drivers were they? Can you give me a link or anything?
Thanks

Joe

sdf

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2007
Last I heard the ATI cat 8.6 is the only one that works. Give it a try though not sure if the cat 8.x drivers will work properly with the x800 card. If you go with NV not sure what drivers work maybe some else knows that one. Good luck.