Closed

Newegg Denied RMA for Bent CPU Pins?

Hello my friends at Tom's Harware!! I am coming to you today saying that Newegg has denied my RMA for my Asus Rampage IV Formula. I honestly have no idea why. I called up and said "hey listen, I got my board in the mail today and im going to rma it so we can get this over with. We have around 4 pent cpu pins in the bottom left. The cpu socket that protects the pins was off the board behind the board." They said everything is okay, just send it back.

A week goes by and the receive it and they approve it. After a few minutes I get an email saying "Motherboard or CPU was received with apparent end-user caused physical damage to CPU socket contact pins that are bent and twisted beyond repair". I am outraged and furious. They denied my RMA even though it said it was approved? They are sending the board back to me and I do not want it! I will then have to RMA the board with Asus and pay for the repairs. What can I do guys? Any suggestions? I contacted them via live chat and they denied to help me and I asked to speak with a manager and they said one will contact me today sometime via phone. What can I do?


Thanks a lot, also sorry for venting. Had to let if out somewhere =/
55 answers Last reply
More about newegg denied bent pins
  1. I don't blame ya for letting some steam off, as it sounds like a frustrating matter. At one time there was a newegg rep that stopped by here, but I'm not sure if they do anymore. It sounds like you're next best bet is to try to go through Asus and see what they have to say. Tell them what happened with newegg so they know what the story is first. Otherwise, keep trying to get in touch with a manager or some other big wig at newegg to try and make your point.
  2. I experienced the same issue with Newegg, where they accepted the RMA and then sent the board back for bent CPU pins. It is an ASUS board so I will try the suggestion offered. My only other suggestion is to take this to social media and let your dissatisfaction be known. Let me know if you want to join forces.

    "There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest."
    Elie Wiesel
  3. Merchant is responsible for fulfilling order properly, including by delivering product in fully working condition unless merchant previously stated otherwise, i.e., requiring all factory defects to be handled through manufacturer. Merchant is responsible for all damage it caused to product that made it deviate from its description, again unless merchant previously stated otherwise, i.e., merchandise sold in "as-is" condition. Some states don't allow "as-is" sales.

    Follow credit card's instructions for filing complaints, shown on every statement. Complain before paying, and complain on paper mailed to complaint address listed on statement.
  4. http://www.newegg.com/Info/OfficeHours.aspx

    call them up on the phone and describe your situation. clearly state that the reason why you are returning the board is because the cpu pins were bent when you received it.

    if they refuse to rma and work with you then go straight to the corporate office and call them up.

    http://www.corporateofficeowl.com/NewEgg.com/Corporate%20Office

    verify the numbers of course...

    somewhere along the line you will get somewhere. this can not be the first time a board has arrived with bent pins. newegg just takes this stance since many people try returning the boards when they screw it up themselves upon trying to install the cpu.

    did you take photos?

    if you still get nowhere then its time to play dirty writing a story up and posting it on every single major tech forum, their facebook, twitter and other media sites and let them know about it. bad press is hard to get rid of so often companies will deal.
  5. ssddx said:
    http://www.newegg.com/Info/OfficeHours.aspx

    call them up on the phone and describe your situation. clearly state that the reason why you are returning the board is because the cpu pins were bent when you received it.

    if they refuse to rma and work with you then go straight to the corporate office and call them up.

    http://www.corporateofficeowl.com/NewEgg.com/Corporate%20Office

    verify the numbers of course...

    somewhere along the line you will get somewhere. this can not be the first time a board has arrived with bent pins. newegg just takes this stance since many people try returning the boards when they screw it up themselves upon trying to install the cpu.

    did you take photos?

    if you still get nowhere then its time to play dirty writing a story up and posting it on every single major tech forum, their facebook, twitter and other media sites and let them know about it. bad press is hard to get rid of so often companies will deal.



    Thanks for the guidance.

    I called customer service and the told me to call AsRock, which I did. I sent them a pic as well. They offered to replace it for $50. It costs $80, so I am back to Newegg. Calling Corp offices now....

    All who responded.......

    Thank you for the responses. I followed the advice given and called the Corp HQ. I spoke to the Office of the CEO, explained the situation, and was granted an RMA and store credit which is what I asked for and need. A very positive outcome!
  6. Just had my first experience with new egg and had the same thing with my mother board, sent it back for a reason not related to pins for relacement then, got denied for bent cpu pins. opened an RMA with GB and now just waiting. Asked newegg how 10% of another motherboard purchease was supposed to make up for it.

    -Josh
  7. Newegg now the Badegg. RMA issues as well. I'll never buy anything from them again. Ever!
  8. It also happened to me. I had the maximus VI hero board. I didn't even install the CPU. I had issue witht the board, and RMA with newegg. Newegg claimed I bent the socket pins. How on earth could I've done that if I didn't even open up the CPU socket. I will never buy from newegg again. I had much better experiences with Amazon.
  9. Same here. I got my RMA denied by newegg on ASRock B75M R2.0. Same garbage - "apparent end-user caused physical damage to the CPU socket contact pins". I am pretty confident I didn't case the bent pins. This is not the first time I am building a PC. Has anyone ever got a motherboard successfully RMA'ed??
  10. iamgoinbiking said:
    Same here. I got my RMA denied by newegg on ASRock B75M R2.0. Same garbage - "apparent end-user caused physical damage to the CPU socket contact pins". I am pretty confident I didn't case the bent pins. This is not the first time I am building a PC. Has anyone ever got a motherboard successfully RMA'ed??


    My Maximus VI Hero died a I got an RMA successfully from newegg. They made me pay $15 for shipping though so I will not be ordering from them anymore.
  11. Yeah it happened to me, too, last year. I don't know if they're doing it on purpose or if they have an idiot causing the bent pins when they remove the protective cover but I'll never buy a motherboard from newegg again.

    I did call them up but their response was that I could have bent them when putting the protective cover back on, and I can't prove that I didn't because it's impossible to photograph the pins once the protective cover is in place so there's nothing the consumer can do.
  12. The same thing just happened to me for an Asus Maximus VI Hero. I suspect that the problem is due to the fact that the warranty is 'replace' not 'refund' so Newegg is more on the hook for losing $. Funny.....at first Newegg said they would issue a second UPS label so I didn't have to pay return but after a week it never arrived so I used the first label I had to pay for. After they acknowledged receipt of the mobo it took 8 days to notify me of the damage. In 6 years buying from Newegg they have always been far more prompt with everything.

    Asus walked me through some diagnostics and believed the onboard chip was bad....sounded like the service rep had heard this problem before. They said to return to Newegg.

    The board arrived by design without the usual anti-static envelope. I was suspicious and looked over carefully with a magnifying glass. I'm sure there was no damage.
  13. dence47 said:
    Hello my friends at Tom's Harware!! I am coming to you today saying that Newegg has denied my RMA for my Asus Rampage IV Formula. I honestly have no idea why. I called up and said "hey listen, I got my board in the mail today and im going to rma it so we can get this over with. We have around 4 pent cpu pins in the bottom left. The cpu socket that protects the pins was off the board behind the board." They said everything is okay, just send it back.

    A week goes by and the receive it and they approve it. After a few minutes I get an email saying "Motherboard or CPU was received with apparent end-user caused physical damage to CPU socket contact pins that are bent and twisted beyond repair". I am outraged and furious. They denied my RMA even though it said it was approved? They are sending the board back to me and I do not want it! I will then have to RMA the board with Asus and pay for the repairs. What can I do guys? Any suggestions? I contacted them via live chat and they denied to help me and I asked to speak with a manager and they said one will contact me today sometime via phone. What can I do?


    Thanks a lot, also sorry for venting. Had to let if out somewhere =/


    Dear dence47,

    We are very sorry to hear about your experience with your return. We'd be happy to look into this situation and see what options we have to get this situation resolved. Please send us your account details to Wecare@newegg.com and we'll look into this.

    We look forward to hearing from you.

    Newegg Support
  14. FlyingTurtle said:
    My Maximus VI Hero died a I got an RMA successfully from newegg. They made me pay $15 for shipping though so I will not be ordering from them anymore.


    Dear FlyingTurtle,

    Did you contact our Customer Service department? If an item is defective, we can provide you with a pre-paid shipping label. Please email us your return details and we'll be happy to look into this. Our email address is Wecare@newegg.com.

    Newegg Support
  15. NeweggSupport said:
    dence47 said:
    Hello my friends at Tom's Harware!! I am coming to you today saying that Newegg has denied my RMA for my Asus Rampage IV Formula. I honestly have no idea why. I called up and said "hey listen, I got my board in the mail today and im going to rma it so we can get this over with. We have around 4 pent cpu pins in the bottom left. The cpu socket that protects the pins was off the board behind the board." They said everything is okay, just send it back.

    A week goes by and the receive it and they approve it. After a few minutes I get an email saying "Motherboard or CPU was received with apparent end-user caused physical damage to CPU socket contact pins that are bent and twisted beyond repair". I am outraged and furious. They denied my RMA even though it said it was approved? They are sending the board back to me and I do not want it! I will then have to RMA the board with Asus and pay for the repairs. What can I do guys? Any suggestions? I contacted them via live chat and they denied to help me and I asked to speak with a manager and they said one will contact me today sometime via phone. What can I do?


    Thanks a lot, also sorry for venting. Had to let if out somewhere =/


    Dear dence47,

    We are very sorry to hear about your experience with your return. We'd be happy to look into this situation and see what options we have to get this situation resolved. Please send us your account details to Wecare@newegg.com and we'll look into this.

    We look forward to hearing from you.

    Newegg Support


    Yay, Newegg answered the poor guy one year late!
  16. I just this week had to send back a motherboard because it had bent pins in the cpu socket. And I swear if I have to go through the same shit you did, newegg will lose a customer who spends upwards of 1,000 dollars a year on their site.
    Sorry about all the crap they have put you through, I cant imagine it myself.
  17. I just received the same excuse from an RMA I sent back. Seems to me there is a pattern here - very easy for them to say bent pins. When I receive the useless board - I will just toss it and be out the dollars involved. Never again anything from New Egg.
  18. I posted my bent pin story above on Feb 5, 2014. I opened a case with PayPal to reverse the charge. Only after that did Newegg live up to their promise to pay the RMA shipping. I also mentioned that I didn't think it was worth the $ to return the board to Asus for a refund but I would post on the gamer boards to see what other's experience was. Its been 17 days and I still have not had my board returned and there is no mention by Newegg of who is paying the shipping for the return to me.

    My second Asus board is working fine and Asus phone support was prompt and helpful but they directed me to deal with Newegg.
  19. Same experience with Newegg, did an rma for an Asus Maximus VI Formula that was defective. The rma was denied due to physical damage, Newegg stated the socket pins were bent. After multiple emails there was no resolution. Called Asus and they said they would repair it, not sure if it will be covered by the warranty or not. I have done a lot of business with Newegg over the years, but they have lost a loyal customer.
  20. I too purchased a motherboard ASUS Gryphon Z87 from NewEgg and was having a issue with dropped USB connections, random computer freezes, and display issues. Anyways, I sent the board for a RMA and they told me the CPU socket had BENT PINS!!!!! I've built atleast 15 computers over the years and have always been VERY careful in regards to handling parts.

    I'm waiting to get the board back so I can inspect these BENT pins myself!!!!!

    I won't be purchasing very many parts from NewEgg any longer after this issue!!!!!!
  21. I also purchased a brand new Asus Rampage Black edition motherboard. Ram slots starting dropping. It would only read the left side of ram slots from the heat sink. Purchased new ram to be sure before I called. Told newegg my problem. They told me to RMA my board. I got the same email. RMA denied due to bent CPU pins. I took pictures of my board before I sent it. Even had the company that put my new computer together to take pictures and record a video of them putting together. I am now waiting on my board to come back. I have seen in forums where board comes back in worse shape due to neweggs incompetence. I hope that is the case so I can take them to court and get my money back and maybe a little more for the trouble they've caused me. I will never buy from them again. I have dealt with Amazon and eBay, and can truly say the parts I have bought from those two companies have far exceeded neweggs service.
  22. I am having the same issue with Newegg, and I know for a fact that the microprocessor pins were not bent when I returned the board. They returned the board to me "RMA denied" because of bent pins, but I know the pins were bent at Newegg. They told me to deal with the manufacturer, Asrock, but Asrock does not extend a warranty to the end user - only to the dealer.

    Lesson learned. No more Newegg for me.
  23. I too have fallen pray to the Newegg "Bent Pin" RMA debacle. I finally got a manager to send me a picture of the alleged bent pins. Newegg used to be SOOOOOO reliable. What gives? So frustrated right now. My MB was a GB GA-G41MT-S2PT board.
  24. I RMA a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-HD3 and an i5-4670 cpu a few weeks ago because there was no video signal coming to the monitor (i was trying to use it w/o a video card), so I tried booting the computer with a AMD R9-290 video card that is working in another computer and still no video signal to the monitor, checked the monitor and was working fine with a different computer. I'm an Electronic Engineer working at an PCB and Electronic Component Manufacturer and one of my function is supervising the Quality Control, so, is very easy for me find any physical defects in any PCB. This was a very clean Motherboard went I sent to Newegg for the RMA, $14.99 for S&H. After 7 days I got an email from them telling me that there was damage pins in the MB so they was shipping it back to me. I was in Canada at that time, back to home after 4 weeks, open the box, check it and i got in shock. There was 3 BIG scratchs on the CPU socket with like 20 bent pins, made maybe using a flat screwdriver or a tweezer. I kown that I didn't do it, I know how to handle a PCB, so, the damage was made for the guys at Newegg at purpose. WHY?? IS THEIR WAY TO AVOID REPLACING THE MOTHERBOARD WITH A NEW ONE. THERE IS THOUSAND of complaints about Newegg for the same reason, "bent pins".
    Look like this is an authorized practice in Newegg, for years, so the only way to deal with it is with a Class Action. I have a few Lawyers in my family and they ageed with it, we can sue Newegg for US$ 200 millions for business malapractice. If you agree to be a part of this action, send a email to jcandrex@hotmail.com. If you think about it, there is not another way to stop Newegg with this malapractice, criminal action or vandalism, you name it. Meanwhile, before you sent back a motherboard to Newegg for RMA, go to a Notary, take a picture of your MB CPU socket, print it and let the Notary affixed the official seal and signature to the picture to Certificate/verify that there is no bent pins on it, remember to get 2 witnesses. Put a copy of that picture inside the MB box. If you have better ideas on how to deal with this motherboard vandalism from Newegg, post it here. Last thing: Makesure to copy and post this commentary EVERYWHERE ON INTERNET. LETS FIGHT WITH THESE DELINQUENTS HIDDEN IN NEWEGG.
  25. Danm , glad I came up on this thread. Was about to place a 1850 $ computer order... and now I wont. Have spent about 5k there in the past, will not anymore. Seems customer service has gone down the shitter to the point they are now a scam service.
  26. Hello everyone, im new-ish to building computers as well as this site. My god am I glad I found this forum. I was about to pull the trigger and get an asus z97a from newegg when I came here because of all the "bent pin" horror stories I've stumbled upon. I've gotta say the way newegg handles this issue sure does sound malicious. I've already purchased a few of my parts from them but that will definitely not include a mobo. Has anyone who has taken pictures or video during unboxing and repackaging had better luck with an rma? Sorry all you guys had to go through this crap but I really thank you all for posting this information. I may also have fallen prey to neweggs egregious practice
  27. I just came across this thread. The bad news is, I ordered an Asus Maximus VII Hero, PSU, and windows 8.1 from newegg already. It should arrive at my house tomorrow......What should I do?
  28. Scott8944 said:
    I just came across this thread. The bad news is, I ordered an Asus Maximus VII Hero, PSU, and windows 8.1 from newegg already. It should arrive at my house tomorrow......What should I do?


    Takes pictures of everything before and after you open the boxes. Video might even be better to prove you did not damage anything should the item or items be damaged already. If the item is damaged and they refuse an RMA you could always threaten to post the video (like an unboxing video) on YouTube or some other video hosting site. It's just a thought.
  29. kenrivers said:
    Scott8944 said:
    I just came across this thread. The bad news is, I ordered an Asus Maximus VII Hero, PSU, and windows 8.1 from newegg already. It should arrive at my house tomorrow......What should I do?


    Takes pictures of everything before and after you open the boxes. Video might even be better to prove you did not damage anything should the item or items be damaged already. If the item is damaged and they refuse an RMA you could always threaten to post the video (like an unboxing video) on YouTube or some other video hosting site. It's just a thought.


    Okay, It was suppose to arrive today, but now expected delivery is on Tuesday. I will be sure to record the entire process. I really wish I would have found this thread before I ordered i.t Amazon was only fifteen dollars more for the same board. It is easily worth the fifteen dollars to not have to worry about them trying to screw me over just because they sent out a dead board. I guess I will just have to wait and see.
  30. Scott8944 said:
    kenrivers said:
    Scott8944 said:
    I just came across this thread. The bad news is, I ordered an Asus Maximus VII Hero, PSU, and windows 8.1 from newegg already. It should arrive at my house tomorrow......What should I do?


    Takes pictures of everything before and after you open the boxes. Video might even be better to prove you did not damage anything should the item or items be damaged already. If the item is damaged and they refuse an RMA you could always threaten to post the video (like an unboxing video) on YouTube or some other video hosting site. It's just a thought.


    Okay, It was suppose to arrive today, but now expected delivery is on Tuesday. I will be sure to record the entire process. I really wish I would have found this thread before I ordered i.t Amazon was only fifteen dollars more for the same board. It is easily worth the fifteen dollars to not have to worry about them trying to screw me over just because they sent out a dead board. I guess I will just have to wait and see.


    My intent was never to scare you away from Newegg. My experiences with them have been positive. When I built my current computer I ordered almost everything (including the motherboard) from Newegg and none of the items were received damaged and none needed to be RMA'd. Better to err on the side of caution with any order from any vendor.
  31. kenrivers said:
    Scott8944 said:
    kenrivers said:
    Scott8944 said:
    I just came across this thread. The bad news is, I ordered an Asus Maximus VII Hero, PSU, and windows 8.1 from newegg already. It should arrive at my house tomorrow......What should I do?


    Takes pictures of everything before and after you open the boxes. Video might even be better to prove you did not damage anything should the item or items be damaged already. If the item is damaged and they refuse an RMA you could always threaten to post the video (like an unboxing video) on YouTube or some other video hosting site. It's just a thought.


    Okay, It was suppose to arrive today, but now expected delivery is on Tuesday. I will be sure to record the entire process. I really wish I would have found this thread before I ordered i.t Amazon was only fifteen dollars more for the same board. It is easily worth the fifteen dollars to not have to worry about them trying to screw me over just because they sent out a dead board. I guess I will just have to wait and see.


    My intent was never to scare you away from Newegg. My experiences with them have been positive. When I built my current computer I ordered almost everything (including the motherboard) from Newegg and none of the items were received damaged and none needed to be RMA'd. Better to err on the side of caution with any order from any vendor.


    Yeah.... I have never built a computer before and the whole process of having all these electronics shipped to me has me on edge in general. Especially since this whole thing is costing me like 2500 dollars. I'm just waiting for something bad to happen. So far everything else I ordered has arrived and it all checks out. I'm just wondering if there is a problem with the motherboard should I just try to ship it to Asus from the get go. I mean, if Newegg will just bend the CPU pins to begin with, then I might be better off shipping it to Asus first so I don't have to pay them to straighten out the pins. Does that make since, or would they turn around and say "Newegg sold you a defective board. You have to take it up with them."?
  32. I would document everything and send it back to Newegg. If they want to fight it, then be like a dog with a bone and don't let go. I don't believe it will come to that though.
  33. Okay, thanks for the help!
  34. Scott8944 said:
    Okay, thanks for the help!


    You're welcome.
  35. Well this sucks,

    Just sent my CPU and Mobo back because i couldn't get a video signal and the LCD on the board read 00. called MSI and they confirmed that the board was defective. I just sent the damn thing out yesterday evening but i didn't take any pictures (because like most people i have had nothing but great experiences with newegg in the past.... granted my last build was about 5 years back.)

    I have been building computers since i was about 12 years old, and i work with computers heavily every day. I was careful, as always, installing my CPU and when i was troubleshooting i even had my girlfriend inspect the pins to make sure i wasn't missing anything.

    Sure hope this all goes smoothly, board should arrive next wednesday so no use getting mad at something they didn't do yet. Just hope all goes smoothly. I was not particularly excited about how they packaged my CPU (the box was completely smashed) so maybe it is time to order from someone else...
  36. Wow thanks for the info i will not buy from them :)
  37. kenrivers said:
    Scott8944 said:
    Okay, thanks for the help!


    You're welcome.


    UPDATE... So my package from Newegg arrived shortly after I posted this. I recorded everything from the moment I opened the box it was shipped in. I inspected the motherboard box and you can clearly tell it was opened before (the tabs were torn a little bit on each end). I opened it up and inspected the motherboard very closely. There was no damage at all. I plugged everything in; it tested fine. I installed everything I bought and it works GREAT!!!!! I have been using this PC for about two months now and I am absolutely in love with it. I feel silly for fretting over the whole motherboard thing, but in the future I will buy my motherboards from Amazon just in case. I definitely do NOT want to go through Newegg's RMA process.
  38. Scott8944 said:
    kenrivers said:
    Scott8944 said:
    Okay, thanks for the help!


    You're welcome.


    UPDATE... So my package from Newegg arrived shortly after I posted this. I recorded everything from the moment I opened the box it was shipped in. I inspected the motherboard box and you can clearly tell it was opened before (the tabs were torn a little bit on each end). I opened it up and inspected the motherboard very closely. There was no damage at all. I plugged everything in; it tested fine. I installed everything I bought and it works GREAT!!!!! I have been using this PC for about two months now and I am absolutely in love with it. I feel silly for fretting over the whole motherboard thing, but in the future I will buy my motherboards from Amazon just in case. I definitely do NOT want to go through Newegg's RMA process.


    Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear it has worked out without having to RMA anything.
  39. Let me add my story to the list. I bought a series of components for a new build to replace my old one. I've been building computers for over a decade and have rarely had any problems. This time I went with the Asus VII Hero as the motherboard. I installed the new CPU, aftermarket cooler, memory and video card into the equally new case. Time for the action.

    Everything went well after a few minor adjustments in the BIOS to recognize the memory and hard drives. I installed a new copy of 7 64bit and gradually begin reinstalling all my programs. Then the screen froze. No reaction from the keyboard or mouse. I rebooted and waited. The same thing happened a few minutes later. This went on for days. It would take around 4-5 times before the system would finally quit freezing and then I could go all day.

    I ran Memtest86+ and the chips came out fine. I disconnected all the hard drives except for C. I reinstalled the video card and checked every power connection. I reinstalled 7 on 4 different hard drives after completely formatting each of them. The screen continued to freeze most times within a few minutes. I then tried an older copy of 7 32bit. Same freezing. I moved up to the newest BIOS, one up from what came with the MB. I updated the Asus drivers and then tried running things without them. No difference. Nothing worked so I contacted NewEgg for a RMA.

    A week later they emailed me with a rejection claiming bent pins, the same story we are seeing here over and over. Did they even run any tests on the board or was this just company policy to issue a blanket reject? I'm furious to say the least, more so now that I am seeing many others with the exact same story. Sure, I could have screwed up but now am I wondering if I really did or am I just being scammed with the typical modern corporate way of doing business. The board should arrive here this week and, after seeing what it looks like, I am going to contact Asus. Maybe they will be a bit more open in dealing with their customers. I do know that after over a decade of patronizing NewEgg I am finished. Amazon has the same prices and they have never burned me before when there have been problem. Plus, there is a Frys here locally and they have proven to me that they will in fact match Internet prices. NewEgg once upon a time was THE place to go but apparently not anymore from what I am reading here and elsewhere. Too many unhappy customers with defective products that are not being taken care of.
  40. i got burnt by asus tech support earlier this yr..for my x79 sabertooth, they returned the motherboard after a month and it had bent cpu socket pins, didn't have them before i sent it..if i had a camera around the time i was rma'ing it i woulda took close up pics of it..i haven't had any problems with newegg til i had to return an evga refurb x79 the day after i got it..they couldn't replace it but they refunded the money tho. thinking of taking pics of any new part of a pc i build from now on. so i can have legal proof of intent of the repair crews to charge me more for their problems. somebody suggested i use mechanical pencil to fix bent socket pins, slight problem in my case, i'm 50 and have bad eyesight and shaking hands...and i don't drink or smoke weed(i'm told both are effective in reducing those problems), i think my best option is just get a new motherboard. as for newegg tech support..what they do basically is pre test the damaged part before sending it to the motherboard maker's tech repair div, if it's a returned item, they might restock it as refurb. imo they should list on the website page for refurbished items if the user had oc the motherboard/vid/ram/cpu prior to returning it to the store...to give warning to the next buyer. another thing...most motherboards and other pc parts are made in china..and quality of tech from china is making taiwan parts seem to be the better option imo...look at seagate hds, their quality went to hell when they moved to china.
  41. Not really a solution.
    I read all the horror stories here and now I might be embarking on my own bad trip. Just got my Asus X87 Pro mobo from Newegg. When I opened the shipping box I noticed that there was no seal across the product package tab. When I opened the product package I found no seal, or remnants of any seal on the anti static bag. The end was just folded over (I should have stopped here, but, you know). When I opened the CPU socket and inspected it I found what seemed to be 3 missing pins in different spots on the array. I believe Newegg sold me a used mobo as new. I took some pic's and then called Newegg CS. Told the rep what was wrong and that I needed an exchange. He was very polite and took down my statement. He sent me an RMA label and said they would next day air my new mobo back as soon as they got the bad one from me. Sounded painless until I read through this thread!
    Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. I do appreciate the information found here regarding alternative remedies to Newegg's apparent nefarious sales practices. I will repost with the results of my RMA.
    Joel
  42. Notaclocker said:
    Not really a solution.
    I read all the horror stories here and now I might be embarking on my own bad trip. Just got my Asus X87 Pro mobo from Newegg. When I opened the shipping box I noticed that there was no seal across the product package tab. When I opened the product package I found no seal, or remnants of any seal on the anti static bag. The end was just folded over (I should have stopped here, but, you know). When I opened the CPU socket and inspected it I found what seemed to be 3 missing pins in different spots on the array. I believe Newegg sold me a used mobo as new. I took some pic's and then called Newegg CS. Told the rep what was wrong and that I needed an exchange. He was very polite and took down my statement. He sent me an RMA label and said they would next day air my new mobo back as soon as they got the bad one from me. Sounded painless until I read through this thread!
    Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. I do appreciate the information found here regarding alternative remedies to Newegg's apparent nefarious sales practices. I will repost with the results of my RMA.
    Joel


    it's most likely not newegg, it's asus tech support definately repackaging as new. i've been a member of newegg for over 10yrs and i didn't get completely screwed by them..yet . i had a problem, told them about it,,,got either replacement or my money back. hell they wanted to replace one of my hdd docks after it was out of warranty. they seem to be sending me gift vouchers lately..what in the world am i going to do with a 100 usd voucher for wine, i don't drink.
  43. DougLYX said:
    Notaclocker said:
    Not really a solution.
    I read all the horror stories here and now I might be embarking on my own bad trip. Just got my Asus X87 Pro mobo from Newegg. When I opened the shipping box I noticed that there was no seal across the product package tab. When I opened the product package I found no seal, or remnants of any seal on the anti static bag. The end was just folded over (I should have stopped here, but, you know). When I opened the CPU socket and inspected it I found what seemed to be 3 missing pins in different spots on the array. I believe Newegg sold me a used mobo as new. I took some pic's and then called Newegg CS. Told the rep what was wrong and that I needed an exchange. He was very polite and took down my statement. He sent me an RMA label and said they would next day air my new mobo back as soon as they got the bad one from me. Sounded painless until I read through this thread!
    Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. I do appreciate the information found here regarding alternative remedies to Newegg's apparent nefarious sales practices. I will repost with the results of my RMA.
    Joel


    it's most likely not newegg, it's asus tech support definately repackaging as new. i've been a member of newegg for over 10yrs and i didn't get completely screwed by them..yet . i had a problem, told them about it,,,got either replacement or my money back. hell they wanted to replace one of my hdd docks after it was out of warranty. they seem to be sending me gift vouchers lately..what in the world am i going to do with a 100 usd voucher for wine, i don't drink.


    I got the $100 wine voucher too, with another Newegg order that was made after I got my RMA number for the defective mobo. Perhaps a sly tactic to try and make me forget about the issue? HaHaHa. The tracking # says it will arrive at Newegg tomorrow so I should know how this will go very soon. And thanks for the good news about Newegg's customer service. I will remain optimistic.
    Joel
  44. anyway...as i said i got screwed by asus on the sabertooth rma with the mobo coming back with bent cpu socket pins(2011 socket). about 1/2 yr later i decided to rework on the 2011...replaced the ram set(corsiar has free replacement policy). odds of the intel cpu getting screwed is nearly impossible but i can't afford a replacement cpu..can't even afford replacement vid card for it. so i opted for different motherboard and new ssd(bro took my other one). tried refub evga ftw...turns out somebody must of oc'd it too much cause i couldn't even get it to post. returned that and tossed in few more bucks for msi one..and got 1 yr replacement plan for it. i'm still trying to get the freaking thing to install win 8.1 on it(legit copy). tried with 2 different brands of ram(corsair and g.skill), 4 different hdds(3 seagates and 1 wd) and a samsung ssd. even replaced the optical drive for the install. it still craps out.. i had to go find a digital download for usb install(msi mobo is really freaky about os installs imo). if i can't get this to work..i might have to go find some other brand of mobo. i don't want asus again for a long while. some ppl now tell me to use gigabyte brand but newegg don't have that x79 series in stock at the moment or i'd be on it now.
  45. DougLYX said:
    Notaclocker said:
    Not really a solution.
    I read all the horror stories here and now I might be embarking on my own bad trip. Just got my Asus X87 Pro mobo from Newegg. When I opened the shipping box I noticed that there was no seal across the product package tab. When I opened the product package I found no seal, or remnants of any seal on the anti static bag. The end was just folded over (I should have stopped here, but, you know). When I opened the CPU socket and inspected it I found what seemed to be 3 missing pins in different spots on the array. I believe Newegg sold me a used mobo as new. I took some pic's and then called Newegg CS. Told the rep what was wrong and that I needed an exchange. He was very polite and took down my statement. He sent me an RMA label and said they would next day air my new mobo back as soon as they got the bad one from me. Sounded painless until I read through this thread!
    Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. I do appreciate the information found here regarding alternative remedies to Newegg's apparent nefarious sales practices. I will repost with the results of my RMA.
    Joel


    it's most likely not newegg, it's asus tech support definately repackaging as new. i've been a member of newegg for over 10yrs and i didn't get completely screwed by them..yet . i had a problem, told them about it,,,got either replacement or my money back. hell they wanted to replace one of my hdd docks after it was out of warranty. they seem to be sending me gift vouchers lately..what in the world am i going to do with a 100 usd voucher for wine, i don't drink.
  46. And this my friends is why I always shop Amazin, even if it's a tad more pricey.
  47. Surprise! Newegg sent me different Asus Z87 Pro. I vidded the opening this time. Again, no factory seals on any packaging, A/S bag was wadded up at the open end. Socket was perfect. Spent the last few days building and powering it up piece by piece. Everything is within spec so far.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computer Shops CPUs