Palm Vx battery replacement

May 27, 2004 10:52:31 AM

New here, please forgive if this is the umpteenth time this topic has
been posted.

Picked up a used Vx for 10 bucks, assured it worked great; now I know
why. Battery won't hold a charge. (It does work great, but only for 5
minutes) ;)
Wrote to Palmone, seems the standard form letter "soft reset, then hard
reset" solves any and all problems with Palm devices. Ain't gonna pay
25 bucks to have some off shore support person (that can't understand
English any better than the email support ones do) tell me a battery
replacement will be the price of a new handheld.

So for another 15 bucks found a replacement battery and am willing to do
surgery myself. Hey worst case I'm out 25 bucks and a bit of time.

Any tips greatly appreciated before I tear into this little guy.

Thanks
Mark
--
The world's least questioned
excuse for missing work.... "the voices in my head told me to stay home and

pheasant <kiavan02@yahoo.com> writes:

>So for another 15 bucks found a replacement battery and am willing to do
>surgery myself. Hey worst case I'm out 25 bucks and a bit of time.

I don't have my palm bookmarks handy, but there is a site that gives
detailed instructions for melting the Vx glue. Try google, better
yet, google groups, for Vx Palm Repair.

--
<> Robert Geer & Donna Tomky | |||| We sure |||| <>
<> bgeer@xmission.com | == == find it == == <>

Gethightech.com has detailed take apart directions for many PDA's -
http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen...

They do sell the batteries as well, but they're twenty dollars there.

Hope this helps.

"bgeer" <bgeer@xmission.com> wrote in message
> pheasant <kiavan02@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> >So for another 15 bucks found a replacement battery and am willing to do
> >surgery myself. Hey worst case I'm out 25 bucks and a bit of time.
>
> I don't have my palm bookmarks handy, but there is a site that gives
> detailed instructions for melting the Vx glue. Try google, better
> yet, google groups, for Vx Palm Repair.
>
> --
> <> Robert Geer & Donna Tomky | |||| We sure |||| <>
> <> bgeer@xmission.com | == == find it == == <>
> <> dtomky@xmission.com | == == enchanting == == <>
> <> Albuquerque, NM USA | |||| here! |||| <>
Anonymous
August 6, 2011 9:24:34 AM

The above link doesnt work, however i have found an excellent article here:

Palm Vx Battery change

It has clear pictures and shows how to replace the battery on a Palm Vx.

!