Dell W4200 computer image aspect ratio

Last response: in Home Theatre
June 30, 2005 11:32:27 AM

I'm considering buying the Dell W4200HD plasma screen, but I need to be
able to view a computer's output in its correct aspect ratio, centered
horizontally and not stretched. Does this display have that capability
(e.g. with some type of letterboxing on the sides), or is that a
function the video card would have to take care of? Is it even
possible?
Thanks,
Roderick
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 9:20:29 PM

I think you might be able to do better than the Dell. I kind of started at
considering the Dell and ended up buying the Pioneer 4312 from Costco. If
you can download the manual for the Dell, you might be able to figure out
from the manual on what you can do with the aspect ratio. Also you may want
to look around the avsforum.com to see if there are any Dell threads.

noone

!