Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Hi, I scanned my computer this morning with...spybot... Result ,is here
underneath.
Don`t know what to do. Should I delete or not??"Ad aware" didn`t find
anything.
OS :Windows XP with all updates. Thanks. Phil

Windows Security Center: Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security
Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify!=dword:0

--- Spybot - Search && Destroy version: 1.3 ---
2005-04-26 Includes\Cookies.sbi
2005-07-29 Includes\Dialer.sbi
2005-07-29 Includes\Hijackers.sbi
2005-06-23 Includes\Keyloggers.sbi
2004-11-29 Includes\LSP.sbi
2005-07-29 Includes\Malware.sbi
2005-07-22 Includes\PUPS.sbi
2005-04-27 Includes\Revision.sbi
2005-07-29 Includes\Security.sbi
2005-07-29 Includes\Spybots.sbi
2005-02-17 Includes\Tracks.uti
2005-07-29 Includes\Trojans.sbi

Malke

phil wrote:

> Hi, I scanned my computer this morning with...spybot... Result ,is
> here underneath.
> Don`t know what to do. Should I delete or not??"Ad aware" didn`t find
> anything.
> OS :Windows XP with all updates. Thanks. Phil
>
> Windows Security Center: Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security
> Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify!=dword:0

Get the most recent version of Spybot, which is 1.4.

The Spybot entry you are seeing is because you have disabled the av
alert in Security Center. Presumably you did this yourself; I do it on
all my machines, too. If you right-click the entry in Spybot, you can
exclude this item from further scans.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

The first thing you do is update your version of Spybot. The current version
is 1.4 http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe That new MS security
setting detection is detected because you have set your security setting to
not monitor your firewall setting ( your XP firewall is turned off). Fixing
it will only cause you to be prompted on next reboot with a warning that
your firewall is turned off.

"phil" <pvandermeeren0522xyz@yrogers.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I scanned my computer this morning with...spybot... Result ,is here
> underneath.
> Don`t know what to do. Should I delete or not??"Ad aware" didn`t find
> anything.
> OS :Windows XP with all updates. Thanks. Phil
>
> Windows Security Center: Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security
> Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify!=dword:0
>

> --- Spybot - Search && Destroy version: 1.3 ---
> 2005-04-26 Includes\Cookies.sbi
> 2005-07-29 Includes\Dialer.sbi
> 2005-07-29 Includes\Hijackers.sbi
> 2005-06-23 Includes\Keyloggers.sbi
> 2004-11-29 Includes\LSP.sbi
> 2005-07-29 Includes\Malware.sbi
> 2005-07-22 Includes\PUPS.sbi
> 2005-04-27 Includes\Revision.sbi
> 2005-07-29 Includes\Security.sbi
> 2005-07-29 Includes\Spybots.sbi
> 2005-02-17 Includes\Tracks.uti
> 2005-07-29 Includes\Trojans.sbi

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Hi, I scanned my computer this morning with...spybot... Result
> ,is here
> underneath.
> Don`t know what to do. Should I delete or not??"Ad aware"
> didn`t find
> anything.
> OS :Windows XP with all updates. Thanks. Phil
>
> Windows Security Center: Settings (Registry change, nothing
> done)
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftSecurity
> CenterAntiVirusDisableNotify!=dword:0
>

> --- Spybot - Search && Destroy version: 1.3 ---
> 2005-04-26 IncludesCookies.sbi
> 2005-07-29 IncludesDialer.sbi
> 2005-07-29 IncludesHijackers.sbi
> 2005-06-23 IncludesKeyloggers.sbi
> 2004-11-29 IncludesLSP.sbi
> 2005-07-29 IncludesMalware.sbi
> 2005-07-22 IncludesPUPS.sbi
> 2005-04-27 IncludesRevision.sbi
> 2005-07-29 IncludesSecurity.sbi
> 2005-07-29 IncludesSpybots.sbi
> 2005-02-17 IncludesTracks.uti
> 2005-07-29 IncludesTrojans.sbi

Your version of spybot is out of date, and you should let spybot fix
every thing it finds, it dosnt nesseserily delete every thing it
finds, yet it most cases it dose delete the objects it finds.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Basics-Security-center-ftopict402851.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1333468

TRENDING THREADS