Realtek Lan Driver not recognized by windows 7

purebeef

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Hello All,

so this question might have been answered for some but i've been reading the threads and have tried other's working solutions and they have not worked for me.

I recently moved my whole system to a new case ( a full tower vs mid) and everything was peachy until i notice no internet. at first i think ok i'll just re-download the lan driver via MSI cd. I put it in and all the drivers are colored and clickable except the lan one, crap, not sure why.. but i try downloading the driver via another computer and put it on external hard drive and install it from there. well it worked until a pop up comes up that says "The Realtek Network Controller was not found. If Deep Sleep Mode is enable Please Plug the Cable" now of course the cable was plugged in so i was confused.. just to make sure i tried rebooting a few times, taking out the ram to reset motherboard settings. after that failed i checked my programs and settings and the driver was installed but under device manager.. nothing for networking at all. so i guess my question is, Is my windows failing on me cuz it can't recognize the lan or is my motherboard crapping out on me?

Case: In Win Dragon Rider
MB: Msi P55m-GD41
CPU: i5 661 3.33 Ghz
Graphics: Asus GTX 460 se
Ram: 8 gig corsair XMS 3 ddr3
PSU: CM 80+ certified 650watt

purebeef

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
so after like 3 to 4 days of reading threads of ways to fix this and none of them working.. i'm thinking this board is discontinued for a reason and i shud just buy a new one for like $100 prob go with a more dependable MB brand anyhow

purebeef

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
ya.. ive tried cmos reset.. i've tried bios config.. i've tried uninstall and reinstall.. nothin is even coming close to working.. so . screw it.. this MB is gonna get replaced