Start up requesting password

July 31, 2005 5:11:19 PM

I am a sole user and after a recent reinstall my pc now asks me to input
password(blank).How can I change this?
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 5:11:20 PM

"john" wrote:

> I am a sole user and after a recent reinstall my pc now asks me to input
> password(blank).How can I change this?

Try going into Control panel, and select User Accounts, then click Remove
password.
Remember to logon as power user or Administrator to make changes.
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 5:11:20 PM

john wrote:
> I am a sole user and after a recent reinstall my pc now asks
> me to input password(blank).How can I change this?

You're questions a little on the vague side so I'm guessing
that you're looking to logon with your account automatically.
If that's the case you need to do the following:

Go to Start -> Run.
Copy and paste the following into the Open box:

control userpasswords2

Click OK.
Uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this
computer".
In the box that pops up, replace Administrator in the "User
Name" box with your user account. Enter your password twice.
Note: You can leave the password box blank if your account does
not have a password.
Click OK twice and reboot to see if you get the desired
results.

Nepatsfan
Related resources
August 1, 2005 12:17:06 AM

Great, just what was required.Thanks
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 12:17:07 AM

john wrote:
> Great, just what was required.Thanks

You're welcome. Glad you've got that fixed.

Nepatsfan
!