Start up requesting password

I am a sole user and after a recent reinstall my pc now asks me to input
password(blank).How can I change this?
4 answers Last reply
More about start requesting password

    "john" wrote:

    > I am a sole user and after a recent reinstall my pc now asks me to input
    > password(blank).How can I change this?

    Try going into Control panel, and select User Accounts, then click Remove
    password.
    Remember to logon as power user or Administrator to make changes.

    john wrote:
    > I am a sole user and after a recent reinstall my pc now asks
    > me to input password(blank).How can I change this?

    You're questions a little on the vague side so I'm guessing
    that you're looking to logon with your account automatically.
    If that's the case you need to do the following:

    Go to Start -> Run.
    Copy and paste the following into the Open box:

    control userpasswords2

    Click OK.
    Uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this
    computer".
    In the box that pops up, replace Administrator in the "User
    Name" box with your user account. Enter your password twice.
    Note: You can leave the password box blank if your account does
    not have a password.
    Click OK twice and reboot to see if you get the desired
    results.

    Nepatsfan

    Great, just what was required.Thanks

    john wrote:
    > Great, just what was required.Thanks

    You're welcome. Glad you've got that fixed.

    Nepatsfan

Microsoft Windows XP