Distinguished
Mar 11, 2008
Yesterday i installed a new system into my old case,

ASUS-p5k-c

E8400

HD 3850 256mb

OCZ DDR2 2x1gb RAM

OCZ 600w PSU

sorry i cant be a little more specific at the moment.

It all went fairly smoothly. The PC worked, apart from some issues with the onboard Realtek HD audio, after a lot of fiddling around and restarts, the monitor now shows no input.

i cant tell whats going on when i restart (BIOS BEEPS ETC) as i dont know if my internal speaker is plugged in <(noob)

the GFX card has 2 DVI outputs and im using a supplied DVI-VGA adapter for my acer monitor 19" lcd, ive tried both DVI slots and hope to try a new monitor soon. im really hoping i havent inadvertantly fried the GRaphics card or the motherboard.

basically it worked fine for a few hours, then after some tinkering it has no input.

please please help

t17

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2008
i cant do anything like that because the monitor wont show anything.

it was after a fresh install of windows though.

t17

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2008
help, my case (tsunami dream) hasn't got an internal speaker connector, i need to know if my mobo is POSTing how can i do so without an internal speaker 4pin connection?

Mondoman

Splendid
You can always buy a small speaker for a few dollars at Radio Shack and connect that to the speaker header pins.
First, try clearing the CMOS according to the instructions in you MB manual.

t17

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2008
erm not sure i have aradio shack over here, but i can buy a small 4 pin connector to connect to motherboard? could you maybe link me one?

cleared cmos last night twice, also with 1 stick of ram in a different channel

thanks for help

thoughtS?