Sign in with
Your question

Vista Partition Size/Merge

Last response: in Storage
March 15, 2009 10:58:32 PM

Can someone help me with a hard disk problem? I have a drive with two partitions, one of which is my main Windows (Vista) partition. I originally wanted to move this entire partition, but I decided that was too much trouble. So, can I merge the two partitions into one with Vista's Disk Management tool? I know you can resize them, but I want to merge them together, if possible. Thanks, seaknight121.
March 16, 2009 2:36:40 AM

seaknight121 said:
Can someone help me with a hard disk problem? I have a drive with two partitions, one of which is my main Windows (Vista) partition. I originally wanted to move this entire partition, but I decided that was too much trouble. So, can I merge the two partitions into one with Vista's Disk Management tool? I know you can resize them, but I want to merge them together, if possible. Thanks, seaknight121.

Technically what you want to do is possible... Delete the partition that you no longer want, then expand the primary drive to include all of its space. Ultimate boot CD has some good drive tools on it, might give that a look-in as well. Partition magic could as well, fairly safely, but at a price.

Practically, be ready to reload your OS.
March 17, 2009 5:48:46 PM

Well, thanks for your help. I'll see if I can do it... -seaknight121
!