Anyone know where to find ASROCK ALiveDual-eSATA2 ?

SUPERCHARGE

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
Does anyone know where to find the ALiveDual-eSATA2 ? I can't find a site anywhere, especially one that would ship to canada, lol.

And is there anyone who owns this board that could give me feedback on it?

SUPERCHARGE

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
wow, really?? If you ever come across one, could you let me know? I'd really really like this board. Thanks!

They came out not six months ago and they're already nowhere to be found in north america.

kshipper

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2004
I am checking on availability for you. What feature did you like on that board? The fact that it has an AGP and PCI Express graphics slots, or is it the ESATA port?

SUPERCHARGE

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
Haha, cool. I like the fact that it supports new processors with an AGP and a FULL PCIexpress slot. It gives it great compatibility with old and new games.

kshipper

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2004
Bleh..it has been discontinued for Canada. Thats straight from the ASRock rep. Your only chance now is used or possibly they distribute the board in other countries?

SUPERCHARGE

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
Nice vid, but after all that, I've discovered a few things. I've found this forum with people setting up all these old games. Using mods, hacks, these self-created VM programs, compatibility programs, etc, I've been able to install any old game on any PC. The things is, each old game takes a hell of a lot of time and downloads to work properly on newer machines. What you need to install and/or modify depends on your hardware, Operating system, service pack and currently installed drivers. Each PC is different. But once successful, these games run perfectly on todays Pc's I've been playing NFS se and Porsche unleashed on my 7800gt using 8x Anti=aliasing and V-sync. Looks awesome. lol.

dl61361

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
I just bought the board 3 wks ago for my son from 3btech.net for $45 including shipping. it was refurbished i don't think it's available anymore. last I looked they don't have anymore, because I want one for myself now.