Can anyone give me a CD key?

Time to stir the pot! :D

They're back! More keys for n00bs!

http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/tribes2_new.aspx
71 answers Last reply
More about give
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Hello, ScratchMonkey!
    You wrote on Wed, 26 May 2004 19:40:19 -0500:

    S> They're back! More keys for n00bs!

    They never left, darling.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Adrian Ng's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
    body were:
    > Hello, ScratchMonkey!
    > You wrote on Wed, 26 May 2004 19:40:19 -0500:
    > S> They're back! More keys for n00bs!
    > They never left, darling.

    For a short while FP ran out of keys.

    --
    Hellmark
    -If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit!

    In article <Xns94F5B45C4889Bscratchmonkey@216.196.97.136>,
    ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com says...
    > Time to stir the pot! :D
    >
    > They're back! More keys for n00bs!
    >
    > http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/tribes2_new.aspx

    Doesn't work. Gives you a
    "Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!"

    (nevermind i only want a damn key - stupid idiots)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:58:59 GMT, Randy Graham wrote:

    > While I don't agree with P Burrows delivery, I agree with the
    > sentiment. It doesn't affect me, as I have 5 legit copies of T2; I do
    > wonder why there aren't sufficient keys available for something that
    > is supposed to be free now, though. If Sierra wants people to try T1
    > and T2 in order to build up anticipation for T3, then there need to be
    > plenty of available keys.

    A by-product of T2 being freely distributed via non-legit means, perhaps?

    --
    "A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1

    Randy Graham's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
    body were:
    > While I don't agree with P Burrows delivery, I agree with the
    > sentiment. It doesn't affect me, as I have 5 legit copies of T2; I do
    > wonder why there aren't sufficient keys available for something that
    > is supposed to be free now, though. If Sierra wants people to try T1
    > and T2 in order to build up anticipation for T3, then there need to be
    > plenty of available keys.

    Well, guess they didnt anticipate the number of people wanting it. I
    mean, I've been playing tribes for years, but never bothered getting T2
    till they released it free. I know of alot of people that were pretty
    much the same way.

    --
    Hellmark
    -If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit!
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    P. Burrows's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
    body were:
    > Doesn't work. Gives you a
    > "Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!
    > (nevermind i only want a damn key - stupid idiots)

    Hmm, I just signed up for another key and had no problem getting it.

    PEBKAC, definately, PEBKAC.

    --
    Hellmark
    -If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit!
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Quixote's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
    were:
    > I thought T:V was going to be public beta?

    Still have to sign up.

    --
    Hellmark
    -If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit!
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:28:08 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

    > You are, yes. But how about some intelligent feedback.

    You got some. Now go away and read the feedback.

    --
    "A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <cace6i$cg8$1@inews.gazeta.pl>, duffstuff@hotmail.com says...
    > On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:58:59 GMT, Randy Graham wrote:
    >
    > > While I don't agree with P Burrows delivery, I agree with the
    > > sentiment. It doesn't affect me, as I have 5 legit copies of T2; I do
    > > wonder why there aren't sufficient keys available for something that
    > > is supposed to be free now, though. If Sierra wants people to try T1
    > > and T2 in order to build up anticipation for T3, then there need to be
    > > plenty of available keys.
    >
    > A by-product of T2 being freely distributed via non-legit means, perhaps?

    That, Randy, is the reason for the delivery.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:30:30 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

    > That, Randy, is the reason for the delivery.

    Care to read the "From:" header again, or post your reply to the correct
    message?

    --
    "A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <caf6cc$e33$1@inews.gazeta.pl>, duffstuff@hotmail.com says...
    > On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:30:30 +0200, P Burrows wrote:
    >
    > > That, Randy, is the reason for the delivery.
    >
    > Care to read the "From:" header again, or post your reply to the correct
    > message?

    I was commenting your message to someone else. Care to learn usenet?
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 18:24:47 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

    > I was commenting your message to someone else.

    Then why reply to my message? Why not reply to Randys message and say
    "Randy, $NAME has given a good enough reason, but thanks for your help
    anyway"? It really is that simple.

    > Care to learn usenet?

    Would you like any further help from people in this group? If so, you're
    going about it in a great way.

    Oh, and saying "no" isn't a good idea... trust me.

    --
    "A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <caf6ce$e33$2@inews.gazeta.pl>, duffstuff@hotmail.com says...
    > On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:28:08 +0200, P Burrows wrote:
    >
    > > You are, yes. But how about some intelligent feedback.
    >
    > You got some.

    Nope. Still waiting.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 18:24:58 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

    > Nope. Still waiting.

    Sit and wait longer then. Simply kicking off at us won't get your problem
    resolved any quicker, it'll only you get less help from us in the future.

    --

    In article <MPG.1b32fdef3da6c5e3989c31@news.usenetserver.com>,
    me@privacy.net says...
    > In article <Xns94F5B45C4889Bscratchmonkey@216.196.97.136>,
    > ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com says...
    > > Time to stir the pot! :D
    > >
    > > They're back! More keys for n00bs!
    > >
    > > http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/tribes2_new.aspx
    >
    > Doesn't work. Gives you a
    > "Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!"

    Still says "Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!" -
    hard to misunderstand.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 18:26:39 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

    > Still says "Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!" -

    Cool. Are we going to be constantly updated about this with identical
    messages?

    > hard to misunderstand.

    That's possibly the first correct thing you've said in this thread.

    --
    "A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "P. Burrows" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > In article <MPG.1b32fdef3da6c5e3989c31@news.usenetserver.com>,
    > me@privacy.net says...
    > > In article <Xns94F5B45C4889Bscratchmonkey@216.196.97.136>,
    > > ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com says...
    > > > Time to stir the pot! :D
    > > >
    > > > They're back! More keys for n00bs!
    > > >
    > > > http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/tribes2_new.aspx
    > >
    > > Doesn't work. Gives you a
    > > "Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!"
    >

    > Still says "Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!" -
    > hard to misunderstand.

    I got my first key the day Scratch first posted this on 05/26/2004. I just
    now within the minute got a second key on 06/12/2004. Seems to me your
    problem is user error. Now quit being an idiot and figure out what "you"
    are doing wrong. Here is what the page looks and reads like:

    __________________________________
    Tribes 2 Key Distribution

    The Tribes 2 client requires the use of a unique key to unlock the game. You
    will be able to retrieve your unique key from this webpage. For security
    reasons, however, we must ask that you enter the characters from the image
    below into the empty box. Do not enter any spaces or "GameSpy Guys" included
    in the image: only the letters and numbers should be entered in the box. We
    apologize for the inconvenience, but this test prevents automated
    registrations.

    <image is here>

    IMPORTANT NOTE: The image above is created dynamically and served through a
    separate server. If it does not appear, or if you only see the message
    "invalid code", your computer is blocking the image from appearing. This
    problem may be caused by either a firewall or certain Ad-Blocking software.
    Please adjust your security settings to allow this image to be displayed.

    If you cannot see this key and need technical support please contact our
    Support Team.

    Quixote
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <cafblk$2pq$1@inews.gazeta.pl>, duffstuff@hotmail.com says...
    > Oh, and saying "no" isn't a good idea... trust me.

    Saying no has its place, especially since its factual.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 22:08:37 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

    > Saying no has its place, especially since its factual.

    Would you like to sit on the fence some more?

    --
    "A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <cafbuv$3sm$1@inews.gazeta.pl>, duffstuff@hotmail.com says...
    > On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 18:24:58 +0200, P Burrows wrote:
    >
    > > Nope. Still waiting.
    >
    > Sit and wait longer then. Simply kicking off at us won't get your problem
    > resolved any quicker, it'll only you get less help from us in the future.

    You started, i just responded in kind.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <cafbll$2pq$2@inews.gazeta.pl>, duffstuff@hotmail.com says...
    > On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 18:26:39 +0200, P Burrows wrote:
    >
    > > Still says "Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!" -
    >
    > Cool. Are we going to be constantly updated about this with identical
    > messages?

    Help, or be in a killfile, which is it to be?

    > > hard to misunderstand.
    >
    > That's possibly the first correct thing you've said in this thread.

    So its not true when people say that one can get the key there. QED
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 22:10:09 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

    > Help,

    You were given help, moron. You even admitted it!

    > or be in a killfile, which is it to be?

    No... wait... plonk me!!! :D

    > So its not true when people say that one can get the key there. QED

    You get help, you admit its helpful, then you threaten killfile usage? You
    are C.Dunkle, aicmfp.

    --
    "A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <10cmm1i8cso6r6c@corp.supernews.com>, quixote@-munged-
    writeme.com says...

    > > > Doesn't work. Gives you a
    > > > "Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!"
    > >

    > > Still says "Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!" -
    > > hard to misunderstand.
    > >

    > I got my first key the day Scratch first posted this on 05/26/2004. I just
    > now within the minute got a second key on 06/12/2004.

    Yet another user who claims to have more than he needs. So if i gave you
    an email adress you could mail me the extra one, eh?

    So you claim to have obtained this key from:

    http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/tribes2_new.aspx

    > Seems to me your problem is user error.

    Then that user would be an incompetent twit at Fileplanet(who should be
    fired)

    > Now quit being an idiot and figure out what "you"
    > are doing wrong.

    You people are being the rude idiots, and *I* have done nothing wrong as
    far as I can see. Now if i had, you people could have pointed it out
    instead of being unplesants.

    Here is what the page looks and reads like:

    > __________________________________
    > Tribes 2 Key Distribution
    > [page description snipped]

    Yep, thats what it says image and all. And when i enter the key, and
    press submit i get:

    http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/tribes2/registration_full.shtml

    Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!

    We may, however, open up the distribution of Tribes 2 again in the near
    future. Please check back soon to see the status of Tribes 2!

    -The FilePlanet Staff

    Ie, no damn keys.
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 22:20:40 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

    [Snip]

    > Ie, no damn keys.

    .... but... you've chosen to not listen to advice.

    --
    "A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <cafp4b$1jo$1@inews.gazeta.pl>, duffstuff@hotmail.com says...
    > On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 22:10:09 +0200, P Burrows wrote:
    >
    > > Help,
    >
    > You were given help, moron. You even admitted it!

    I suppose its possible that Google and my newsserver just happen to not
    have that message where i was given help. (Messages of the type "you do
    it wrong idiot" is not help)

    > > or be in a killfile, which is it to be?
    >
    > No... wait... plonk me!!! :D

    Ok.

    > > So its not true when people say that one can get the key there. QED
    >
    > You get help, you admit its helpful, then you threaten killfile usage? You
    > are C.Dunkle, aicmfp.

    I have NOT been given help. I have not "admitted" it was helpfull since
    i haven't been given help. People here just keep saying "it works for me
    so you must be stupid" - that's not help.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 00:13:34 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

    > I suppose its possible that Google and my newsserver just happen to not
    > have that message where i was given help.

    When you saw the reply *and* replied to it (albeit in a rather confusing
    manner (does that jog that neuron?)), I doubt it.

    > (Messages of the type "you do it wrong idiot" is not help)

    But as you tend to deal with facts...

    > Ok.

    *cheers*

    > I have NOT been given help.

    If you insist.

    > I have not "admitted" it was helpfull since i haven't been given help.

    If you insist.

    > People here just keep saying "it works for me so you must be stupid"

    Did they? Are you dealing with fact or fiction here?

    > - that's not help.

    That's something else you got right. Damn, you'd better have a lie down,
    before you burn yourself out.

    --
    "A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <cafpdn$2to$1@inews.gazeta.pl>, duffstuff@hotmail.com says...
    > On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 22:20:40 +0200, P Burrows wrote:
    >
    > [Snip]
    >
    > > Ie, no damn keys.
    >
    > ... but... you've chosen to not listen to advice.

    Ok, i'll give you one more reply: How can you know i wont listen to
    advice when you haven't given any (except of course "go away" but that
    is hardly a usefull suggestion).
    (Note, i'm just after a supposedly free key, i have no interest in
    playing with you much longer)
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <cag1th$at$1@inews.gazeta.pl>, duffstuff@hotmail.com says...
    > On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 00:13:34 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

    Well, i gave you a chance to be helpfull, you chose not to take it.
    *plonk*
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 02:25:18 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

    > Well, i gave you a chance to be helpfull, you chose not to take it.

    oH NO!!11 WAHT HAEV I DUN???//

    > *plonk*

    Goddamn, a double-plonk! :D

    --
    "A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 02:25:18 +0200, P Burrows wrote:
    >

    >>Well, i gave you a chance to be helpfull, you chose not to take it.
    >

    > oH NO!!11 WAHT HAEV I DUN???//
    >

    >>*plonk*
    >

    > Goddamn, a double-plonk! :D

    /e sings, "Corky's got a girrrrllllll-friennnnnnnd! Corky's got a
    girrrrllllll-friennnnnnnd!"

    --
    ClayPidgeon
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:32:01 +0200, P. Burrows <me@privacy.net> wrote:

    > Hm... comment out a check, how hard could that be. 30 minuttes to
    > comment out, recompil. 30 minuttes to make a patch. Oh well.

    You're not in software development, are you?

    --
    Troy
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 18:24:47 +0200, P. Burrows <me@privacy.net> wrote:

    > I was commenting your message to someone else. Care to learn usenet?

    I think you're the one who needs to learn Usenet, considering the
    entrance you made into this group.

    --
    Troy
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:28:08 +0200, P. Burrows <me@privacy.net> wrote:

    > You are, yes. But how about some intelligent feedback.

    Keep it up. We haven't had a good reason to flame somebody in here for
    awhile.

    --
    Troy
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:37:03 +0200, P. Burrows <me@privacy.net> wrote:

    > http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/tribes2/
    >
    > What part of "Due to high demand, the limited Tribes 2 keys and download
    > has become temporarily unavailable. FilePlanet is working with Vivendi
    > Universal Games on getting more keys to distribute so check back to see
    > if keys are available. "
    >
    > Do you not understand?

    What part of http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/tribes2_new.aspx do you not
    understand?

    --
    Troy
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 22:10:09 +0200, P. Burrows <me@privacy.net> wrote:

    > So its not true when people say that one can get the key there. QED

    Yeah. We're all liars.

    --
    Troy
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 22:10:09 +0200, P. Burrows <me@privacy.net> wrote:

    > Help, or be in a killfile, which is it to be?

    Corky?

    --
    Troy
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 22:20:40 +0200, P. Burrows <me@privacy.net> wrote:

    > So you claim to have obtained this key from:
    >
    > http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/tribes2_new.aspx

    Yeah, but you're doing something wrong. I know what it is that you're
    doing wrong, because I initially got the same error. I figured out my
    mistake, tried again, and got a key.

    However, because of the way you're treating my friends, you can just go
    scratch.

    > You people are being the rude idiots, and *I* have done nothing wrong as
    > far as I can see. Now if i had, you people could have pointed it out
    > instead of being unplesants.

    Let's see. Your first message, in response to a regular in this group,
    said, "Are you a retard or what?"

    If you know anything about Usenet, you'd know what was wrong with that
    message.

    > Ie, no damn keys.

    Did you send an email to somebody at FilePlanet asking if he was a
    retard? Maybe your account's flagged.

    --
    Troy
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:02:23 +0200, P. Burrows <me@privacy.net> wrote:

    > Are you a retard or what?

    Great entrance. Forget getting any real help now that you've
    unecessarily attacked a regular.

    Didn't your mother teach you anything about Usenet before she gave you
    your computer?

    --
    Troy
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 02:12:41 +0200, P. Burrows <me@privacy.net> wrote:

    > The person said something which appeared (and stil does) to be untrue,
    > and add insult to injury.

    That was still no reason to attack a regular. We're certainly not
    perfect in here, and we sometimes make mistakes, but we are a close
    group. If you attack one of us, you attack us all.

    > She never bought me a computer.

    Oh. You must be at the library then.

    --
    Troy
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 02:08:49 +0200, P. Burrows <me@privacy.net> wrote:

    > Nothing, but as i have repeated i don't know how many times: the next
    > page says there are no keys!

    The keys were available at the time of the original post.

    --
    Troy
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <20040613140549.93FA.GIMMESPAM@yahoo.com>,
    gimmespam@yahoo.com says...
    > On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:37:03 +0200, P. Burrows <me@privacy.net> wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/tribes2/
    > >
    > > What part of "Due to high demand, the limited Tribes 2 keys and download
    > > has become temporarily unavailable. FilePlanet is working with Vivendi
    > > Universal Games on getting more keys to distribute so check back to see
    > > if keys are available. "
    > >
    > > Do you not understand?
    >
    > What part of http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/tribes2_new.aspx do you not
    > understand?

    Nothing, but as i have repeated i don't know how many times: the next
    page says there are no keys!
  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <20040613140948.9403.GIMMESPAM@yahoo.com>,
    gimmespam@yahoo.com says...
    > On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 22:20:40 +0200, P. Burrows <me@privacy.net> wrote:
    >
    > > So you claim to have obtained this key from:
    > >
    > > http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/tribes2_new.aspx
    >
    > Yeah, but you're doing something wrong. I know what it is that you're
    > doing wrong, because I initially got the same error. I figured out my
    > mistake, tried again, and got a key.

    The only mistake you can make on the page is to enter the characters
    incorrect, in which case it returns to the same page and says that you
    did that.

    > Did you send an email to somebody at FilePlanet asking if he was a
    > retard? Maybe your account's flagged.

    So they can make the account return an incorrect page? Intersting. I
    tried a couple of accounts.
  43. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <20040613135903.93E8.GIMMESPAM@yahoo.com>,
    gimmespam@yahoo.com says...
    > On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:02:23 +0200, P. Burrows <me@privacy.net> wrote:
    >
    > > Are you a retard or what?
    >
    > Great entrance. Forget getting any real help now that you've
    > unecessarily attacked a regular.

    The person said something which appeared (and stil does) to be untrue,
    and add insult to injury.

    > Didn't your mother teach you anything about Usenet before she gave you
    > your computer?

    She never bought me a computer.
  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 02:12:41 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

    > The person said something which appeared (and stil does) to be untrue,

    Is it true that retards never see themselves as being incorrect?

    > and add insult to injury.

    .... and add insult to injury... ... what?

    --
    "A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <20040613140342.93F4.GIMMESPAM@yahoo.com>,
    gimmespam@yahoo.com says...
    > On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:28:08 +0200, P. Burrows <me@privacy.net> wrote:
    >
    > > You are, yes. But how about some intelligent feedback.
    >
    > Keep it up. We haven't had a good reason to flame somebody in here for
    > awhile.

    In which case you'll be ignored, of course if you like flaming people by
    al means go ahead.
  46. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <20040613222853.C840.GIMMESPAM@yahoo.com>,
    gimmespam@yahoo.com says...
    > On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 02:12:41 +0200, P. Burrows <me@privacy.net> wrote:
    >
    > > The person said something which appeared (and stil does) to be untrue,
    > > and add insult to injury.
    >
    > That was still no reason to attack a regular. We're certainly not
    > perfect in here, and we sometimes make mistakes, but we are a close
    > group. If you attack one of us, you attack us all.

    Well, i think its ok if one is annoyed. on the other hand to continue
    doing it over and over (like you are doing below) is reprehensible.

    > > She never bought me a computer.
    >
    > Oh. You must be at the library then.

    Actually i just remembered, she did buy me a computer 20 years ago. Of
    course i've bought a lot of other onces since then.
  47. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:50:06 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

    > Well, i think its ok if one is annoyed. on the other hand to continue
    > doing it over and over (like you are doing below) is reprehensible.

    My apologies. I called you dense. That hints at you having *some*
    intelligence. I hereby promote you to the rank of "deserthead".

    > Actually i just remembered, she did buy me a computer 20 years ago. Of
    > course i've bought a lot of other onces since then.

    http://www.old-computers.com/museum/year.asp?st=1&y=1984
    Sheesh... kids nowadays.

    --
    "A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  48. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <20040613223017.C843.GIMMESPAM@yahoo.com>,
    gimmespam@yahoo.com says...
    > On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 02:08:49 +0200, P. Burrows <me@privacy.net> wrote:
    >
    > > Nothing, but as i have repeated i don't know how many times: the next
    > > page says there are no keys!
    >
    > The keys were available at the time of the original post.

    Though some claim it is working (for them) today.
  49. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    P. Burrows's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
    body were:
    >>That would involve a rewrite of quite a bit of code, and forcing out
    >>another patch, which would be very costly after you added up manpower, etc.
    > Hm... comment out a check, how hard could that be. 30 minuttes to
    > comment out, recompil. 30 minuttes to make a patch. Oh well.

    I take it you're not a serious programmer, or one that does C++
    (probably beginners VB). Its usually not that simple.

    --
    Hellmark
    -If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit!

Games CD-Rom Video Games