Can anyone give me a CD key?

Hello, ScratchMonkey!
You wrote on Wed, 26 May 2004 19:40:19 -0500:

S> They're back! More keys for n00bs!

They never left, darling.

Adrian Ng's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> Hello, ScratchMonkey!
> You wrote on Wed, 26 May 2004 19:40:19 -0500:
> S> They're back! More keys for n00bs!
> They never left, darling.

For a short while FP ran out of keys.

--
Hellmark
-If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit!

In article <Xns94F5B45C4889Bscratchmonkey@216.196.97.136>,
ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com says...
> Time to stir the pot! :D
>
> They're back! More keys for n00bs!
>
> http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/tribes2_new.aspx

Doesn't work. Gives you a
"Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!"

(nevermind i only want a damn key - stupid idiots)

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:58:59 GMT, Randy Graham wrote:

> While I don't agree with P Burrows delivery, I agree with the
> sentiment. It doesn't affect me, as I have 5 legit copies of T2; I do
> wonder why there aren't sufficient keys available for something that
> is supposed to be free now, though. If Sierra wants people to try T1
> and T2 in order to build up anticipation for T3, then there need to be
> plenty of available keys.

A by-product of T2 being freely distributed via non-legit means, perhaps?

--
"A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1

Randy Graham's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> While I don't agree with P Burrows delivery, I agree with the
> sentiment. It doesn't affect me, as I have 5 legit copies of T2; I do
> wonder why there aren't sufficient keys available for something that
> is supposed to be free now, though. If Sierra wants people to try T1
> and T2 in order to build up anticipation for T3, then there need to be
> plenty of available keys.

Well, guess they didnt anticipate the number of people wanting it. I
mean, I've been playing tribes for years, but never bothered getting T2
till they released it free. I know of alot of people that were pretty
much the same way.

--
Hellmark
-If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit!

P. Burrows's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> Doesn't work. Gives you a
> "Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!
> (nevermind i only want a damn key - stupid idiots)

Hmm, I just signed up for another key and had no problem getting it.

PEBKAC, definately, PEBKAC.

--
Hellmark
-If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit!

Quixote's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> I thought T:V was going to be public beta?

Still have to sign up.

--

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:28:08 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

> You are, yes. But how about some intelligent feedback.

You got some. Now go away and read the feedback.

--

In article <cace6i$cg8$1@inews.gazeta.pl>, duffstuff@hotmail.com says...
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:58:59 GMT, Randy Graham wrote:
>
> > While I don't agree with P Burrows delivery, I agree with the
> > sentiment. It doesn't affect me, as I have 5 legit copies of T2; I do
> > wonder why there aren't sufficient keys available for something that
> > is supposed to be free now, though. If Sierra wants people to try T1
> > and T2 in order to build up anticipation for T3, then there need to be
> > plenty of available keys.
>
> A by-product of T2 being freely distributed via non-legit means, perhaps?

That, Randy, is the reason for the delivery.

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:30:30 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

> That, Randy, is the reason for the delivery.

Care to read the "From:" header again, or post your reply to the correct
message?

--

In article <caf6cc$e33$1@inews.gazeta.pl>, duffstuff@hotmail.com says...
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:30:30 +0200, P Burrows wrote:
>
> > That, Randy, is the reason for the delivery.
>
> Care to read the "From:" header again, or post your reply to the correct
> message?

I was commenting your message to someone else. Care to learn usenet?

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 18:24:47 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

> I was commenting your message to someone else.

Then why reply to my message? Why not reply to Randys message and say
"Randy, $NAME has given a good enough reason, but thanks for your help
anyway"? It really is that simple.

> Care to learn usenet?

Would you like any further help from people in this group? If so, you're
going about it in a great way.

Oh, and saying "no" isn't a good idea... trust me.

--

In article <caf6ce$e33$2@inews.gazeta.pl>, duffstuff@hotmail.com says...
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:28:08 +0200, P Burrows wrote:
>
> > You are, yes. But how about some intelligent feedback.
>
> You got some.

Nope. Still waiting.

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 18:24:58 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

> Nope. Still waiting.

Sit and wait longer then. Simply kicking off at us won't get your problem
resolved any quicker, it'll only you get less help from us in the future.

--

In article <MPG.1b32fdef3da6c5e3989c31@news.usenetserver.com>,
me@privacy.net says...
> In article <Xns94F5B45C4889Bscratchmonkey@216.196.97.136>,
> ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com says...
> > Time to stir the pot! :D
> >
> > They're back! More keys for n00bs!
> >
> > http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/tribes2_new.aspx
>
> Doesn't work. Gives you a
> "Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!"

Still says "Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!" -
hard to misunderstand.

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 18:26:39 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

> Still says "Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!" -

Cool. Are we going to be constantly updated about this with identical
messages?

> hard to misunderstand.

That's possibly the first correct thing you've said in this thread.

--

"P. Burrows" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> In article <MPG.1b32fdef3da6c5e3989c31@news.usenetserver.com>,
> me@privacy.net says...
> > In article <Xns94F5B45C4889Bscratchmonkey@216.196.97.136>,
> > ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com says...
> > > Time to stir the pot! :D
> > >
> > > They're back! More keys for n00bs!
> > >
> > > http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/tribes2_new.aspx
> >
> > Doesn't work. Gives you a
> > "Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!"
>

> Still says "Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!" -
> hard to misunderstand.

I got my first key the day Scratch first posted this on 05/26/2004. I just
now within the minute got a second key on 06/12/2004. Seems to me your
problem is user error. Now quit being an idiot and figure out what "you"
are doing wrong. Here is what the page looks and reads like:

__________________________________
Tribes 2 Key Distribution

The Tribes 2 client requires the use of a unique key to unlock the game. You
will be able to retrieve your unique key from this webpage. For security
reasons, however, we must ask that you enter the characters from the image
below into the empty box. Do not enter any spaces or "GameSpy Guys" included
in the image: only the letters and numbers should be entered in the box. We
apologize for the inconvenience, but this test prevents automated
registrations.

<image is here>

IMPORTANT NOTE: The image above is created dynamically and served through a
separate server. If it does not appear, or if you only see the message
"invalid code", your computer is blocking the image from appearing. This
problem may be caused by either a firewall or certain Ad-Blocking software.
Please adjust your security settings to allow this image to be displayed.

If you cannot see this key and need technical support please contact our
Support Team.

Quixote

In article <cafblk$2pq$1@inews.gazeta.pl>, duffstuff@hotmail.com says...
> Oh, and saying "no" isn't a good idea... trust me.

Saying no has its place, especially since its factual.

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 22:08:37 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

> Saying no has its place, especially since its factual.

Would you like to sit on the fence some more?

--

In article <cafbuv$3sm$1@inews.gazeta.pl>, duffstuff@hotmail.com says...
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 18:24:58 +0200, P Burrows wrote:
>
> > Nope. Still waiting.
>
> Sit and wait longer then. Simply kicking off at us won't get your problem
> resolved any quicker, it'll only you get less help from us in the future.

You started, i just responded in kind.

In article <cafbll$2pq$2@inews.gazeta.pl>, duffstuff@hotmail.com says...
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 18:26:39 +0200, P Burrows wrote:
>
> > Still says "Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!" -
>
> Cool. Are we going to be constantly updated about this with identical
> messages?

Help, or be in a killfile, which is it to be?

> > hard to misunderstand.
>
> That's possibly the first correct thing you've said in this thread.

So its not true when people say that one can get the key there. QED

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 22:10:09 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

> Help,

You were given help, moron. You even admitted it!

> or be in a killfile, which is it to be?

No... wait... plonk me!!! :D

> So its not true when people say that one can get the key there. QED

You get help, you admit its helpful, then you threaten killfile usage? You
are C.Dunkle, aicmfp.

--
"A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1

In article <10cmm1i8cso6r6c@corp.supernews.com>, quixote@-munged-
writeme.com says...

> > > Doesn't work. Gives you a
> > > "Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!"
> >

> > Still says "Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!" -
> > hard to misunderstand.
> >

> I got my first key the day Scratch first posted this on 05/26/2004. I just
> now within the minute got a second key on 06/12/2004.

Yet another user who claims to have more than he needs. So if i gave you
an email adress you could mail me the extra one, eh?

So you claim to have obtained this key from:

http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/tribes2_new.aspx

> Seems to me your problem is user error.

Then that user would be an incompetent twit at Fileplanet(who should be
fired)

> Now quit being an idiot and figure out what "you"
> are doing wrong.

You people are being the rude idiots, and *I* have done nothing wrong as
far as I can see. Now if i had, you people could have pointed it out
instead of being unplesants.

Here is what the page looks and reads like:

> __________________________________
> Tribes 2 Key Distribution
> [page description snipped]

Yep, thats what it says image and all. And when i enter the key, and
press submit i get:

http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/tribes2/registration_full.shtml

Sorry, the program for Tribes 2 is currently unavailable!

We may, however, open up the distribution of Tribes 2 again in the near
future. Please check back soon to see the status of Tribes 2!

-The FilePlanet Staff

Ie, no damn keys.

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 22:20:40 +0200, P Burrows wrote:

[Snip]

> Ie, no damn keys.

.... but... you've chosen to not listen to advice.