Network suddenly disappeared-Help

have had a successful network for some time between my desktop 98SE
(Client) and my laptop XP9Host) and to day when I downloaded 3 critical
Windows updates on my laptop after using the new system I found that my
network had disappeared. I then restored XP to yesterday setting hoping that
this was the problem but it is still the same.
When I try to install the home network on my Laptop I get a message that
there has been a problem and suggests I might install it manually. I'm not
sure how to do this manually
Can anyone help me?
Blair
1 answer Last reply
More about network suddenly disappeared help

    "Blair" <darrach@coille.com> wrote in message
    > have had a successful network for some time between my desktop 98SE
    > (Client) and my laptop XP9Host) and to day when I downloaded 3 critical
    > Windows updates on my laptop after using the new system I found that my
    > network had disappeared. I then restored XP to yesterday setting hoping
    that
    > this was the problem but it is still the same.
    > When I try to install the home network on my Laptop I get a message that
    > there has been a problem and suggests I might install it manually. I'm not
    > sure how to do this manually
    > Can anyone help me?
    > Blair

    Found that LAN was disabled for some reason. Enabled it and network now OK
    I give this info in case it helps someone
    Blair

Laptops Microsoft Windows XP