Network suddenly disappeared-Help

July 31, 2005 9:15:28 PM

have had a successful network for some time between my desktop 98SE
(Client) and my laptop XP9Host) and to day when I downloaded 3 critical
Windows updates on my laptop after using the new system I found that my
network had disappeared. I then restored XP to yesterday setting hoping that
this was the problem but it is still the same.
When I try to install the home network on my Laptop I get a message that
there has been a problem and suggests I might install it manually. I'm not
sure how to do this manually
Can anyone help me?
Blair
August 1, 2005 10:07:03 AM

"Blair" <darrach@coille.com> wrote in message
news:o 4ioPselFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> have had a successful network for some time between my desktop 98SE
> (Client) and my laptop XP9Host) and to day when I downloaded 3 critical
> Windows updates on my laptop after using the new system I found that my
> network had disappeared. I then restored XP to yesterday setting hoping
that
> this was the problem but it is still the same.
> When I try to install the home network on my Laptop I get a message that
> there has been a problem and suggests I might install it manually. I'm not
> sure how to do this manually
> Can anyone help me?
> Blair

Found that LAN was disabled for some reason. Enabled it and network now OK
I give this info in case it helps someone
Blair
!