ATI X1650 512MB AGP good deal?

My buddy talked to me and said he needs a budget card between $40~$70. I recommended the X1650 PRO for AGP(He needs a quick fix for a fairly old computer with an AGP port, he's running integrated now). He was able to pick up an ATI X1650 512MB for $55 on the bay. Would you say he made out decent for a cheap AGP solution?
5 answers Last reply
More about x1650 512mb good deal
  1. yeah not a bad deal, the X1650's are still quite high end parts for the AGP Bus... but Im expecting he bought a DDR2 model, which aint upto much but will suffice for low resolution gaming.
  2. dev1se said:
    yeah not a bad deal, the X1650's are still quite high end parts for the AGP Bus... but Im expecting he bought a DDR2 model, which aint upto much but will suffice for low resolution gaming.

Ya thats what I thought was the flipside when he mentioned the 512 version, looks like the 256 version has the DDR3. But I don't think it will matter too much since I will direct him to not even bother with AA/AF. The resolution I think he will be playing at will be around 1024 or 1280 for WoW, maybe Guildwars too.
  3. it'll be fine for games like that, at least hes getting about the right gaming performance out of his investment.
  4. It will do for what he intends and could always overclock it but in no way could you call it high end.
    Mactronix
  5. It's hard to find a GDDR3 version anymore. I got an AGP GDDR3 a little over a year ago when you had a choice. But even the GDDR2 version is about as good as you will find for the money. For $55 he did real well.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer ATI Graphics