Java etc

I am running XP home. And I recently ran a bunch of utilities to clean up
ads and other unwanted stuff from my system. Now my Java application
doesn't work.

To try and fix this, I uninstalled what I had in place for Java and than
went through the steps to install NEW anything related to the latest Java.
It all went well and when I asked the Java site to tell me what version I
had in place, it said I had the latest and there was nothing more I had to
do.

So, I tried to open their little cartoon type games they offer as a test and
to try before you buy. Well, it never came up and yet I have tried that
little game before and it worked just fine.

So I have the latest Java installed and in place - working such that the
Java site thinks I am ok but I can't run any java applications. I must say
it tries and tries to work but never actually comes up.

The result is I am at an end now. Don't know what more I can do. Is there a
solution to fixing this? Or do I have to do something silly like
reinstalling XP???

Open Add/Remove programs and uninstall any versions of the Java console
present, then use this link to make absolutely sure you have the latest
version...

http://makeashorterlink.com/?H18A3278B

Ted Gervais wrote:
> I am running XP home. And I recently ran a bunch of utilities to
> clean up ads and other unwanted stuff from my system. Now my Java
> application doesn't work.
>
> To try and fix this, I uninstalled what I had in place for Java and
> than went through the steps to install NEW anything related to the
> latest Java. It all went well and when I asked the Java site to tell
> me what version I had in place, it said I had the latest and there
> was nothing more I had to do.
>
> So, I tried to open their little cartoon type games they offer as a
> test and to try before you buy. Well, it never came up and yet I have
> tried that little game before and it worked just fine.
>
> So I have the latest Java installed and in place - working such that
> the Java site thinks I am ok but I can't run any java applications. I must
> say it tries and tries to work but never actually comes up.
>
> The result is I am at an end now. Don't know what more I can do. Is
> there a solution to fixing this? Or do I have to do something silly
> like reinstalling XP???

I tried the following suggestion with no luck.

I uninstalled any trace of Java and started over. I went to the site below
and installed the latest version of Java. Afterwards I asked the Java site
to tell me what version I had installed and was I up to date. The site
responded by saying (after a test) that I had the latest version and I
was now up to date.

With that assurance, I than went to the 'toytoygames.com' site that the Java
site offers and I tried a couple of their java games. None of them work.
All that happens is the Java Symbol comes up and swirls around and around
and around. That's it!!

So I am now NO FURTHER ahead than I was before. Java does not work on my
system ever since I used those 'ant-adware' utilities..

"Terra Prime" <somebody@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Open Add/Remove programs and uninstall any versions of the Java console
> present, then use this link to make absolutely sure you have the latest
> version...
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?H18A3278B
>
> Ted Gervais wrote:
>> I am running XP home. And I recently ran a bunch of utilities to
>> clean up ads and other unwanted stuff from my system. Now my Java
>> application doesn't work.
>>
>> To try and fix this, I uninstalled what I had in place for Java and
>> than went through the steps to install NEW anything related to the
>> latest Java. It all went well and when I asked the Java site to tell
>> me what version I had in place, it said I had the latest and there
>> was nothing more I had to do.
>>
>> So, I tried to open their little cartoon type games they offer as a
>> test and to try before you buy. Well, it never came up and yet I have
>> tried that little game before and it worked just fine.
>>
>> So I have the latest Java installed and in place - working such that
>> the Java site thinks I am ok but I can't run any java applications. I
>> must say it tries and tries to work but never actually comes up.
>>
>> The result is I am at an end now. Don't know what more I can do. Is
>> there a solution to fixing this? Or do I have to do something silly
>> like reinstalling XP???

TRENDING THREADS