Sign in with
Your question

GA-P35-DS3L Front Panel Audio

Last response: in Motherboards
April 7, 2008 1:50:40 AM

Hello all,

I just recently built a pc (Windows vista ultimate x86) with a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L. Everything works great except for the front panel audio. At first I was having problems trying to figure out how to get the front panel audio to work, but now I have a different problem. I read different forums in here that stated how I needed to disable front panel audio detection in order to get it to work. I did that and true enough, I could get audio from the front panel. The problem that exists now is that I am getting sound from both the front and the back even when I have headphones in the front panel. It does not mute the back (main speakers) even though i have the play back device option set to "Mute the rear output device, when a front headphone plugged in". I have tried setting different options to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

April 15, 2008 3:30:15 PM

Did you use the HD audio connector or the AC97 front panel audio connector?
April 15, 2008 6:56:57 PM

I used the connector that came with the case. Based on the case website (Raidmax), I believe it is an AC97 connector. Do I need to purchase a separate connector, and if so how would i replace the existing one?

Thanks.
Related resources
April 16, 2008 2:31:01 PM

stavarotti said:
I used the connector that came with the case. Based on the case website (Raidmax), I believe it is an AC97 connector. Do I need to purchase a separate connector, and if so how would i replace the existing one?

Thanks.

I belive but am not positive that you must change some jumper if you are using AC97 Front panel audio connector, I look it up in depth possibly.
March 21, 2009 10:05:06 AM

bildo123 said:
I belive but am not positive that you must change some jumper if you are using AC97 Front panel audio connector, I look it up in depth possibly.

Disabling the Front Panel Detection, really works, but in that case, you lose the auto mute of the Rear Panel...which is a bit sad... Is there a way to keep the mute function?
February 10, 2013 2:55:12 PM

I'm having the same issue on my machine as well, I built this system a few years ago and never really worried about the jack not working because I've just been using a USB head set with a mic, but I recently got some really nice Bose headphones that I'd like to use without having the speakers going too, I can't seem to figure out the correct combination of having the front head phone jack work and disable the rear speakers, and have the rear speakers working when headphone jack unplugged, as far as i know its just a software issue because the jacks do work and depending on how I have the settings I can get what i want to work but not without having to reconfigure it each time I want to use speakers or headphones... any help would be appreciated.
!