Finished my first build(pics)

USS12pak

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
Here it is, my new favorite machine. Havn't played alot of games yet, mostly Crysis, since it came with the card. Sweet as hell......
mini-100_0127.jpg

mini-100_0128.jpg

mini-100_0130.jpg

mini-100_0131.jpg

mini-100_0140.jpg

mini-100_0139.jpg

mini-100_0132.jpg

KinGSlaY3R

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
Nice Nice how are the temperatures iwth the case im buying the same case thats why im interested!!!... And dont u think 750w is a bit to much for ure pc??? but the rest nice work the cables looks nice and clean good work

KinGSlaY3R

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
i have the case and want to do liquig as well 1 prob it can only take a 240 radiator in the top than u need another one somewhere else but all in all its taken quite often for liquid cooling it has good airstream and fits all the parts and makes it real quite only issue it is tooo heavy with all my parts in it its 21 kg ore 46 pounds

aardwolf

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
Beautiful job on cabling... I'm very jealous. I just finished my build as well (haven't yet posted pics), but it's nowhere close to the organization you've achieved.

drumr1829

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2007
I have the same PSU on my antec 900. Why didnt you flip it so that the 120mm fan is facing up. Right now it's just facing the bottom and cant disperse any heat...?

Otherwise veryy nice job on cabling; wish I could say the same. If the northbridge fan is too noisy/high pitched, lower it to 50%. It makes a huge difference in noise and temps on mine only went from 33 to 35c.

I also have the same card and love it! I found the point where it becomes audible over other fans is at 60% (as opposed to default 20ish%) It lowered my vid card temps from 43 to 34c.

USS12pak

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008

I got the 750 so I can go sli and still have plenty of headroom for future cards. With the stock case fans, case temp stays around 34 to 38c and my proc stays between 43 and 50c. The 4 case fans that come with are only 44 cfm fans. Thinkin bout replaceing them, but will probably wait till I go Sli.

USS12pak

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008

Thank u and I run crysis with everything on high, 4xaa at 1440x something or other, don't remember, and get hardly a stutter. I've seen a little stutter at a couple of spots, like when u get dropped into the middle of a battle with about 20 marines, jets flyin over droppin bombs, and aaa guns lighting up the sky!!!! Intense scene and I love it!! Not enough stutter to hamper gameplay though, so I'm happy with it.

Parts are Q6600, EVGA nf68 a1 mobo, EVGA 8800GTS (g92), corsair dominator ram (only 2 gigs, but at 1142 mhz stock), x-fi fatal1ty extreme gamer pro soundcard, raptorx 10k rpm hd, couple of dvd optical writers, and the thermaltake 750 psu. And the zalman 9700 cooler. Case has 2 outlets at the top rear for u guys wanting liquid cooling. That Zalman was hella hard to install. The retension spring has so much tension on it, I was scared to death I was gonna snap the mobo in two trying to get the short screws to reach the holes. And I cut my hand on it too, lol.

USS12pak

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008

One of the beautiful things bout this case, is the vents and dust filters on the bottom. There is an exhaust vent under the psu wich intakes air through the back and exhausts its own heat right out of the bottom. The leg runners hold the case about an inch off the desk surface to allow smooth airflow. And as far as the cabeling goes, this box was designed with cable management in mind. was able to run most everything around through the holes to the backside of the case so it made it easy. And noise isn't a factor with this case. the side panels have sound deadening foam applied all the way across to within an inch or two of the edges, and rubber gasketing around the perimeter of where the side panel presses against the frame when latched in, so most of the sound pressure is forced out the back, away from u. Only thing I hear is the raptor when its spinning at high rpm's, and even that is minimal.

USS12pak

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
not a chance, like I said before, so much tension on the spring, the frame would break before that could happen. Its not as heavy as it looks either. and the psu is mounted on a rubber-foam gasket, so theres not really much vibration.

USS12pak

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008

I posted wrong about the case temp. That 34-38c is the north bridge temp, not the cae temp. Speed fan is reporting my case temps at about 11-16c. not sure if thats accurate or not though. What is that in degrees F?

Also, I see alot of folks sayin that the 8800 gts fan runs at a stock speed of around 30%. How do I fix that? I downloaded Rivatuner, but Vista wont let me install the drivers for it. Not sure I could use it anyway, looks complicated. And under a full load my proc is running from 48-51c. Is this too hot? When it hits 51 the Zalman kicks in and immediately and drops it back to 48 in a hurry, Im just not sure at what point the temperature becomes dangerous.